It could be any reason that you want to restore the original factory settings of your Netgear range extender – may be, the current settings are not exactly what you need or perhaps you’re losing control of these settings eventually. Be it any reason, the important thing is the method of resetting the console. In this post, you’ll get a step-by-step guide to how you can reset the Netgear Ex7000 Range Extender to its factory default settings. Let’s get going!
You can reset your Netgear EX7000 to factory settings by following two ways:
Method 1: Use the Factory Reset button
- Find a pointed object like a safety pin or a pen.
- Now, find the Factory Reset button at the bottom of your EX7000.
- Use your pointed object to long press the reset button for at least 5 seconds. Release the button, when the Device to Extender LED starts blinking orange.
- Now, wait until the console reboots.
- Once it reboots, you’ll find it to its default settings.
Method 2: Use Web GUI
For this method, you’ll have to use a computer that’s connected to your Netgear console. To know whether a device is connected to your EX7000, check the Device to Extender LED. If it’s solid green, there must be some device currently connected.
- On the connected computer, head to your Internet browser.
- Type https://www.wifiextassist.com/ in the URL bar and hit the Enter key.
- You’ll see the login page. Here’s provide your associated Email and password and click on the Log In button.
- On the next page (genie page), go to Settings > Other Settings.
- Now hit Reset > Yes.
- Wait until the web user interface resets your EX7000 to factory settings.
Not so tech savvy? Let us do it for you, call Netgear tech support phone number 1-866-606-3055 – 24×7 toll-free.