Windows 10 April Update 2018 landed with scores of features to help you take your computing experience to the next level. Formerly known as the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update or Windows 10 Spring Update, the April update comes with the addition of a big feature namely Timeline which allows you to check recent OS activity using your Windows machine or even your smartphone.
Apart from that Focus Assist is another major feature which is catching users’ attention. The feature is a smarter way to disable various notifications popping up when you are busy with your important tasks at hand. Using this feature, you can make a stab at annoying notifications during important meetings or a gaming session. You can disable notifications at certain times of a day or for certain amount of time depending on your need.
Easy Sharing, A dictation feature, quick Bluetooth Pairing and the ability to mute Microsoft Edge tabs are various other features that will make their way to your PC with the download of Windows 10 April update 2018.
Though the official distribution of the Windows 10 update will start on May 8, you can install the pre-release version of Windows 10 April update by walking through the steps below, only if you can’t wait by that time.
How to download Windows 10 April Update 2018
If you want to try your hands on the newly arrived features of Windows 10 update, all you need to do is download the April update. However, to get the Windows 10 update, you need to be a member of Microsoft’s Windows Insider Program. Let’s get started:
- Sign in using your Microsoft account by clicking here and follow the on-screen instructions
- Next, navigate to Settings application on your Windows 10 PC and hit Update & Security
- Now select the Windows Insider Programme option by navigating the bottom of the menu resting in the left of the window.
- Click the Get Started button
Note: The button will reveal only if you have already joined the Windows Insider Programme
- Next, click on the Link an Account option
- Choose the account that is relevant and select Continue
- Select Just fixes, apps, and drivers from the next screen’s drop-down menu and then click Confirm
- Finally, to commence the installation of Windows 10 April update, restart your PC
To check whether the Windows 10 update has started installing or not, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Here, you can check if the 1803 version of Windows 10 is installing on your PC. In case there is no start of the installation process, click the Check for Updates button to start the installation process.
The Windows 10 pre-release update may have a few bugs, thus you are suggested to backup your important data beforehand in case anything goes wrong.
That’s all for Windows 10 April Update 2018 news! Stay connected for more on the Windows 10 updates. Don’t forget to drop your comments in the comments section below.
You May Also Like: Be More Productive: Do Multitasking with Windows 10