Needless to say, Facebook is a vast and feature-rich platform with an abundance of tools to enhance your social-networking experience. To be more user-friendly with every day, the social-media giant is expanding its range regularly by introducing new features and modifying the old ones. Facebook’s Facial Recognition feature is one such feature that notifies you when someone uploads a photo in which you also appear.
Facial Recognition feature is meant to protect your privacy by assuring you that there aren’t any of your photos just roaming around without your consent. While this tool is good for some people, it may upset others by scanning every photo to recognize their face properly. Thankfully, you can opt out of this feature anytime you like if you’re just done with the experience.
Navigate the post to learn how you can disable Facial Recognition feature altogether.
Disable Facebook’s Facial Recognition Feature
On Your Computer
In order to turn off the face recognition feature on your PC or laptop, do as follows:
- Open Facebook on your web browser and sign in to your account
- Hit the down arrow icon in the top-right corner and choose Settings from the list that appears
- Head to the “Face Recognition” option residing on the left side column
- On the next screen, click the option “Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?”
- Select “No” to disable Facial Recognition feature
More at SoftwareVilla: Facebook Messenger Now Makes Conference Calling Way Easier
On Your Mobile
To turn the feature off on your Android and iOS devices, follow the instructions below:
- Launch Facebook app
- Tap the three-dots icon labeled “More” below your Profile Picture
- Choose “View Privacy Shortcuts” option
- Head to “Face Recognition” option and select “More Settings”
- Tap the button “Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?”
- Choose “No” to turn off Face Recognition
Note: The Face Recognition feature on Facebook is not available in some particular countries. Besides, even if you have it, you can’t enjoy the feature if you’re an under 18.
What are your thoughts on the Facebook’s Facial Recognition feature? Do you think Facebook should make improvements to this feature? When and why would you like to enable/disable it? Share your thoughts via the comments section below.
You may also like How to Use Facebook Profile Picture Guard Feature