HomePods are peerless when it comes to audio quality and performance. If your television doesn’t offer powerful sound systems internally, you must invest in the external help to experience your favorite videos in a high-quality audio. Thanks to the AirPlay connectivity on Apple’s smart speaker, you can easily use your HomePod with Apple TV to enhance the sounds of videos and audios.
Check out this how-to guide to know how you can make your HomePod a smart alternative to a sound bar for your Apple TV. Let’s get going!
- You will require your iPhone or iPad to connect your HomePod with Apple TV. So, make sure the iPhone or iPad you use for this purpose is compatible with your HomePod.
- Your Apple TV must also be compatible with your HomePod.
- Both your HomePod and Apple TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Set up Your HomePod with Apple TV
On Apple TV home screen:
- Open Settings
- Choose Video and Audio
- Head to Audio Output
- Under Other Speakers, select your HomePod
When you’re watching a video:
- Access the Info Center by swiping down from your Apple TV screen
- Now, swipe right to access the Audio tab
- Again, swipe down and select HomePod
More at SoftwareVilla: How to easily convert video to audio with VLC
Remove Your HomePod from Apple TV
Removing a HomePod is as simple as connecting it to your Apple TV. Simply, follow the aforementioned steps and this time, de-select your HomePod under the heading Other Speakers.
Was this article? Share via the comments section below.
You may also like Apple HomePod Review: Smart Speaker with Great Sound