Are you fed up of using the default SMS app on your Android? Looking for some other pleasant and new messaging app? If so, we’ve got your back! Now, you no longer need to stick with your stock messenger as here we’ll tell you how to change default texting app on Android. Read on.
With the abundance of third-party text messaging apps in the market, you can easily replace your default app with the new one. It’s worth notable that the appearance and organization of menu items may vary as per your smartphone’s manufacturer, ROM, and Android version.
Without taking your more time, let’s get to know how to change default texting app on Android.
Change Default Texting App on Android
- Download a third-party messaging app you want to use on your device
- Once done, navigate to the phone’s Settings menu
- Under the Wireless & Networks section, tap on the More option
- Tap on the Default SMS App option
- A pop-up menu will appear. All you need to do is just tap on the app you want to set as the default option
And there you’re! Now, you can start sending text messages by using the app you’ve set.
Change Default Texting App on a Samsung Device
If you own a Samsung Galaxy device, the process is a bit different. Follow the steps below to Change your default app for SMS.
- Download a third-party texting app you want to use from Google Play Store
- As soon as you install the app, swipe down the notification shade on your device
- Tap on the Settings menu to set default for text messages
- Tap on the Apps option
- Next, tap on the three-dot menu button in the top-right corner of the screen
- Tap on the Default Apps > Messaging Apps option
- Select the app you want to set as your default messaging app
- Tap on the OK button to confirm your choice
In this way, you can change default texting app on Android. From now on, the app you’ve selected will now be launched as the default option. Which app you’re going to make your stock messaging app? Let us know in the comments section below.
You may also like: 5 Best Android Apps to Send Free Text Messages