You’ve downloaded an app or game, used it for a while, got enough to be able to vote aye or nay; now it’s time to leave reviews on Google Play Store.
The review you leave for an app or game benefits three parties—the app developers, users and Google Play Store. Your review will help other users by informing them what is good and what needs improvement. A rational user will always rely on smart reviews to decide whether to download an app or game or not. Thus, you need to add all useful information to your review about the ins and outs.
Furthermore, your review is going to help the app developers to improve upon their creations. While all app developers would, naturally, would want the best 5-rating for their apps; they’ll heartily welcome a constructive feedback to make improvements for their future updates.
It’s not only for the app developers and users; Play Store will also want to receive reviews. When you leave reviews on Google Play Store, it will hint the store to provide you with more tailored suggestions for future.
Now when you know why you should leave reviews on Google Play, you’d be looking for the ways to do so. Well, that’s why we’re here for! Continue your reading to learn the steps you need to take to review apps and games on Play Store.
Leave Reviews on Google Play Store
Before you begin following the below-mentioned steps to leave reviews on Google Play, you must know that you need to sign into your Google account to rate and review stuff on Play Store. And because the reviews you post are linked to your account, it is so important for you to make them count.
To leave a review for an app or game, do as follows:
- Launch the Google Play Store on your device
- Tap the menu icon on the top of the screen
- From the menu that appears next, tap “My Apps and Games”
- Tap the “Installed” tab at the top to view the apps and games installed on your smartphone
- Browse the app or game you’d like to review. Once found, tap it
- Once you’re in, scroll down to the Rate This App section
- First off, cast ratings by giving stars
- If it is a game that you’re reviewing, you’ll need to give stars on the basis of graphics, gameplay, and controls
- If you’re rating an app, you’ll have to confirm selected features for the kind of the app
- To complete your review, you’ll be asked to leave a written review. Hit “Submit” when done
This step is, undoubtedly, the most important of all as it explains as to why you rated an app or game 3-star, for instance.
You may also like: How to Get Paid Android Apps for Free
How to Edit Your Reviews
You may wish to edit an old, posted review on Google Play after there is a major app update. This you can do very easily. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Open Google Play Store on your device
- Tap the menu icon > “My Apps and Games” > “Installed” tab > the app or game for which you want to edit your posted review
- Tap the menu button next to the review to edit
Which app or game would you like rate? Do you like it when others leave reviews on Google Play? Share your thoughts via the comments section below.
Read more SoftwareVilla: 10 Useful Apps for Android to Install Right Now