The taskbar is an essential part of your computer home screen which you can’t do without. However, sometimes you’d want to make it disappear to use the maximum possible space on your desktop or tablet. And given the large size of the taskbar on Windows 10, there’s no doubt you will want to get rid of it temporarily. Thankfully, you can easily hide Windows taskbar when not in use by making a few adjustments in the taskbar settings.
In this post, we’ve discussed the steps you can use to hide Windows taskbar on the versions viz. Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista. Read on to know how you can enjoy a larger space on your computer home screen.
Hide Windows Taskbar
Hide Taskbar on Windows 10
- Right-click on the blank space of the taskbar. In case you have touchscreen desktop, touch and hold the taskbar for a while, and then release your finger when the menu appears
- Click Settings to open Taskbar Settings menu
- You can select either of the two options available. Toggle “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” On to disable the taskbar when not in use. If you’re using Windows 10 on a detachable tablet, Toggle “Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode” On
- You can access the taskbar by moving the cursor of your mouse to the bottom of the screen. When you move your cursor off the bottom, the taskbar will hide again. If you’re using a tablet, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to make the taskbar visible
- You can also decide the location where your taskbar appears on the screen by using “Taskbar location on screen” menu. You can select either one of the sides of the screen or even the top
More at SoftwareVilla: How to Temporarily Turn Off WiFi in Windows 10
Hide Taskbar on Windows 8, 7 and Vista
- Right-click on the taskbar and select “Properties”. Remember, the place you click on should be blank; else you won’t be able to access In case you’re using Windows 8, press Win + D to open to open the desktop view or click Desktop from the Start menu
- Under the Taskbar tab, check the box next to the option “Auto-hide the taskbar”
- Click Apply in the bottom right corner of the screen and then click Ok
- Move the cursor of your mouse to the bottom of the screen to reveal the hidden taskbar, it will hide again once you move it off that place
You may also like: How to Install Windows 10 from USB