Are promoted tweets messing up your Twitter timeline? If so, not anymore as in this how-to article, we’ll walk you through the necessary steps to block promoted tweets on Twitter for iPhone. Continue reading.
Twitter has become the arena for worldwide conversations, letting millions of people around the globe post their updates in 280 characters or less. Whenever you open the app, you’ll get a lot of Twitter ads and other promoted content, messing up your timeline. However, you can get rid of these annoying promoted tweets by tweaking a couple of settings in Twitter. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you on how to block promoted tweets on Twitter for iPhone. Let’s have a look.
Block Promoted Tweets on Twitter for iPhone
Hide Individual Promoted Tweets
- Launch the Twitter app on your iOS device and log in to your account
- You’ll see the promoted tweets on your timeline. Generally, they have a Promoted tag at the bottom side
- Tap on the downward arrow in the top-right corner of the promoted tweet you want to hide
- Next, tap on the I don’t like this ad option from the appearing menu
Doing so will remove that tweet from your timeline. All this information will be sent to Twitter, helping the social media platform target you with better ads.
Block Promoted Twitter Accounts
You can block promoted Twitter accounts to streamline your Twitter experience. Here’s how to do so:
- Launch the Twitter app on your iPhone and sign into your account
- Tap on the downward arrow located at the top-right side of the promoted tweet you don’t want to see on your timeline
- Tap on the Block@account option to block promoted tweets on Twitter for iPhone
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm your action. All you need to do is merely tap on the Block option
Once done, the blocked accounts will no longer be able to follow or message you and their tweets and ads will not show on your timeline.
Disable Personalized Ads
Another way to block promoted tweets on Twitter for iPhone is to disable personalized ads. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open the Twitter app on your smartphone and log in to your account
- Tap on your profile picture in the top-left corner
- A drop-down menu will appear. Just tap on the Settings and Privacy option
- Next, tap on the Privacy and safety option
- Scroll down and tap on the Personalization and data option
- Toggle the switch next to Personalized ads to the Off position
Use a Third-party Twitter App
If the aforementioned ways sound a little tricky for you, opt for a third-party app to block promoted tweets on Twitter for iPhone.
- Open App Store on your phone
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon namely Search in the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Type Twitter into the search bar and tap on the Search option
- Once done, you’ll be presented with a list of apps that are related to Twitter
- Download and install any of the third-party Twitter apps such as Tweetbot, Twitterrific, etc.
By using any of the above-mentioned ways, you can block promoted tweets on Twitter for iPhone.
You may also like: Complete guide to connect your Twitter and Facebook account