Are you a member of any group chat on WhatsApp? Well, if you set your smartphone down for an hour or two, you can easily come back to more than 100 messages. Usually, this is fine, but multiple messages can become confusing and reply to a particular message can be lost in the discussion. That’s where the quoting messages on WhatsApp come in. When you quote a specific message on WhatsApp, it attaches the original message to your new one. This makes it super easy for everyone to know what exactly you’re talking about. In this how-to article, we’ll make you aware of the know-how to quote messages on WhatsApp for Android and iOS. Continue reading.
Quote Messages on WhatsApp for Android
- Launch WhatsApp on your device
- Tap on the Chats window located at the top side of the screen
- Select the conversation in which a recipient sent a message you want to quote
- Tap and hold a message you desire to quote
- A row of options such as Reply, Copy, Forward, Delete, Star Mark, etc. will appear at the top of the screen
- Tap on the backward arrow namely Reply option at the top of the screen to quote messages on WhatsApp
- Finally, type in your response to the selected message. Once done, tap on the Send arrow at the right side of the text field
And there you’re! After walking through the aforementioned steps, you can easily quote messages on WhatsApp.
Read more at How to Use Delete for Everyone Feature on WhatsApp
Quote Messages on WhatsApp for iPhone
- Launch WhatsApp on your iOS device
- Tap on the Chats tab at the bottom of the screen
- Enter the conversation in which you wish to quote messages on WhatsApp
- Tap and hold the message you desire to quote
- Once done, you’ll see a number of options pop up above the message
- Tap on the Reply This will bring up a text field to type your response
- Type your message in the provided text field and tap on the Send arrow
Quoting someone on WhatsApp isn’t only useful for group messages but also works well for individual conversations, especially when you need to recall an older message or simply wish to attach information you’ve sent previously.
You may also like: Convert Videos into GIFs on Whatsapp: A Quick Guide