Instagram Stories are a fantastic hit, enabling users to share ephemeral title snippets decked out with stickers and illustrations. The only hitch is that when you watch someone’s story on Instagram, he/she gets informed that you’ve viewed his/her story. Thankfully, a third-party Chrome extension rectifies this, letting you view Stories with complete anonymity. Don’t know how to get the job done? Well, in this post, we’ll make you well-versed regarding how to use Chrome plugin to view Instagram Stories anonymously. Read on.
Use Chrome Plugin to View Instagram Stories Anonymously
You need to use Chrome IG Story add-onto view your friends’ Instagram Stories without them knowing. Created by Alec Garcia, the Chrome extension even allows you to download Instagram Stories if you want. Unfortunately, it only works on the desktop version of Instagram. Tough luck, Android and iOS users!
Chrome IG Story is available for free to download. It’s very easy to view Instagram Stories anonymously by using this Chrome plugin. All you need to do is sign into your Instagram account and browse through your feed.
View Instagram Stories Anonymously
Here’re the steps to use Chrome plugin to view Instagram Stories anonymously. Make sure you’re using the Chrome browser on your system.
- Navigate to the Chrome Web Store by clicking on this link
- Click on the blue Add to Chrome button in the top-right corner
- A popup will appear asking you whether you really want to add Chrome IG Story to your browser. Merely click on the Add Extension button to continue
- Once done, the extension will automatically start to download. The blue Add to Chrome button will now be green, indicating that your download is complete
- You’ll see an eye icon appearing on your Stories
- Simply click on the eye icon to enable the Anonymous Viewing mode
And there you’re! Doing so will not only hide your name but also it will keep mum about someone having viewed the Story in question.
Read more at How to Use Face Filters in Instagram Stories
Download Instagram Stories Using Chrome IG Story
As we’ve mentioned earlier that not only you can use Chrome plugin to view Instagram Stories anonymously but also you can download them. Here’s how to do so:
- Log in to your Instagram account
- Click on the Chrome IG Story icon in the upper-right corner
- Search the Instagram Stories you want to download
- Click on the Menu button and select the Download option
Once done, your selected Instagram Stories will be automatically downloaded on your system.
In this way, you can use Chrome plugin to view Instagram Stories anonymously. In case you’re using any other method to get the job done, don’t forget to share that in the comments section below.
You may also like: How to Share Multiple Photos in One Instagram Post