In this digital epoch, smartphones are regarded as a foolproof way to keep your confidential data such as your credit card credentials, scanned personal documents or your passwords. Having said that, you’ve surely set up a screen lock (pattern, pin, password or fingerprint) to prevent unauthorized access to your phone. However, the worst nightmare comes in when you’ve forgotten your pattern lock and locked out of your device. Woefully, resetting Android pattern lock leads to data loss since you need to factory reset your phone. But what if you want to unlock Android pattern without losing data? Well, it’s quite possible.
In this tutorial, we’ll make you well-versed regarding how to unlock Android pattern lock without losing data. Let’s take the plunge.
Unlock Android Pattern Without Losing Data
Before we get started with the process about how to unlock Android pattern, password, and pin lock without losing data, let’s check out the prerequisites you need:
- A rooted Android device
- Custom Recovery in your device
- A Security Lock Disabler tool for Android
Follow the instructions outlined below to unlock Android pattern lock without losing data:
- First of all, download Android Lock Disabler tool zip file onto your computer. This zip file includes three zip folders namely pattern disabler, pin disabler, and password disabler
- Connect your Android device to your computer using the USB cable and copy the downloaded Lock Disabler tool. You can copy the whole zip file or only copy the zip folder that’s relevant to you counting on whether you have a pattern, pin or password enabled
- After copying the file onto your phone, disconnect it from your PC
- Next, boot your Android phone into the Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously until the phone turns on
- Once your phone is in the Recovery Mode, select the Mount from SD This option may differ as per you’re the brand of your Android phone
- Navigate to the phone’s location where you copied the Lock Disabler tool and select the zip folder depending on whether you have a pattern, pin or password enabled. Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to scroll through the menu and Power button to select
- Once you select the file, a confirmation pop up will appear. Simply tap on Ok
- Finally, reboot your phone and the pattern lock screen will be no more
So, this was how you can unlock Android pattern without losing data. Stay tuned for more updates.
You may also like: How to Use iTunes with Android Smartphone