Planning to upgrade your PC to Windows 10? If not, you should be! Microsoft’s latest operating system brings lots of welcome features to the table. Once you update your computer to Windows 10, you’ll get a superior desktop experience, native security protection, and the best of all – Cortana assistant. Eager to move your hands on these useful features? Why don’t you install Windows 10 from USB on your PC?
Luckily, doing a clean installation of Windows 10 is pretty simple. In this how-to article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide to install Windows 10 from USB. Allow us to walk you through the steps.
What Do You Need?
Before you begin the process to install Windows 10 from USB, make sure you have:
- The Internet connection on your system
- Sufficient data storage available on your computer, USB or external drive for download
- A blank USB with at least 5GB free space. This drive will be formatted, so make sure that it doesn’t have any important files on it
Read more at Be More Productive: Do Multitasking with Windows 10
Steps to Clean Install Windows 10 from USB
- First, you need to download Windows 10 ISO file by clicking on the blue Download Now button
- Double click on the exe file to run the installation process of it. If prompted by User Access Control, click on the Yes button
- Run the setup by clicking on the Accept button
- Select the Create installation media for another PC option and click on the Next button to continue
- Make sure to uncheck the box that reads Use the recommended options for this PC. Fill in your own preference settings and click on the Next
- Next, a new screen will appear letting you choose which media to use. Select the USB flash drive option and click on the Next button
- Plug in your USB flash drive. Choose your flash drive and click on the Next button
- Windows 10 will now begin to download. The downloading speed may take some time depending upon the Internet speed you have
- Once the download process complete, you’ll be presented with a new screen. Just click on the Finish button to install Windows 10 from USB
- Next, plug the USB out from your current computer and plug it into the system you want to install Windows 10 on. Restart your PC with the USB drive inserted. Once the manufacturer logo of your computer comes on the screen, press F12 or F2 (varies by manufacturer) to enter Boot When the Boot menu pops up, select whether you want to boot from USB or DVD and press the Enter key. From here, the Windows 10 installer should load up and you’ll be well on your way to clean install Windows 10 from USB
Don’t miss out: Cool Trick to Unlock Windows 10 PC Using Galaxy S8 Phone
- On the Windows setup page, select your language, time, and keyboard preferences. Once done, click on the Next button
- Click on the Install Now option to continue
- Now, a popup appears asking you which type of installation you want. Here, if you’re not a tech-savvy, it’s recommended to choose the first option
- Next, you have to choose a partition where you want to install Windows 10 system file
- Let Windows 10 install on your system
- Once done, restart your computer now. When your computer turns back on, select the settings. It’s recommended to choose the Customize option if you don’t want to change the settings manually
- Sign in with your account and click on the Next button to continue
In this way, you can clean install Windows 10 from USB. Enjoy the newest version of Windows operating system!
You may also like: 5 Superb Windows 10 Search Tricks You Probably Don’t Know