With Alexa, you can grab a set of built-in capabilities to create and manage your shopping and to-do lists. In addition, you can create your own lists for any purpose or occasion. Yes, you’ve read that right! In this article, we’ll tell you about how to create and manage lists with Alexa. Now, you can keep track of your tasks, shopping needs, and other important items through your Alexa skill.
Please note that you still have the default “Shopping” and “To-do” lists that you can use, but you can now create other lists for different purposes, either using your voice with your Amazon Echo or through the Alexa app on your phone.
Create and Manage Lists with Alexa – Using Your Voice
In order to create a list and add items to it, you need to give the command by saying “Alexa, create a list”. Alexa will then ask to name the list you’d like to create. Once you confirm the name of the list, Alexa will ask you what you want to add to the list. You can name one item at a time and then Alexa will continue asking if you want to add anything else to the list or not. Once you’re done, you can say “No” when Alexa asks you again. This way you can successfully create your list and you can view it in the Alexa app.
Sadly, you can’t ask Alexa to remove an item from the list or delete the list. All that must be done in the Alexa app, where you’ll get full functionality with custom lists. However, you can continue to add items to the list at any time by saying “Alexa, add an item”.
Create and Manage Lists with Alexa – Using the Alexa App
It’s amazing to create lists using your voice and you’ll get the most functionality if you just use the Alexa app. Follow the steps listed below to know how to use the Alexa app.
- To get started, you can open the app and tap on the menu button at the top-left side of your device’s screen
- From there, tap on Lists
- Next, you need to tap on Create List at the top
- Now, enter the name and then hit the “+” button on the left side of your device’s screen
- Next, it will automatically open the list where you can start to add items to it. You can tap on Add Item at the top
- Enter the item and then hit the “+” button on the left side of your device’s screen. Just repeat this step for each item that you would like to add
- Next to each item, there will be a checkbox to mark the item and a small arrow to the right side allowing you to delete or rename the item. When you check off an item, it will be removed from the list and moved to View Completed
- Once you’re done viewing the list, you can hit the arrow at the top-left side to go back to the main Lists screen. Your custom list will appear in its own section under My Lists. To delete or rename a custom list that you created, tap on the small arrow to the right side.
- From here, you can archive the list and it will be moved to the View Archive section from where you can then completely remove the list if you want.
That’s it! So this was all about how to create and manage lists with Alexa.
You May Also Like: How to Change Brightness and Alarm Volume on Echo Show