The calendar has already made the move to October, so that means the spookiest occasion of the year, Halloween, is just around the corner. Halloween is the season of phantoms, trolls, and pumpkins. Well, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. However, Amazon Echo, powered by Alexa, can help you and your family get into the soul of the season. Here’re 7 Halloween Alexa skills that provide you with everything ranging from family fun to serious scares, adding some extra spook to your Halloween this year. Let’s have a look.
Halloween Alexa Skills
Tell Halloween Jokes
Alexa has a few thematic jokes up its sleeve. All you need to say is ‘Alexa, tell me a Halloween joke’ and it provides you with hilarious jokes for your Halloween party. Although these jokes will not knock you off your feet, your kids will definitely enjoy them.
Play Halloween-themed Games
Are you seeking a spooky game to play at your Halloween party? Well, Alexa offers you a few options. Here’re the Halloween Alexa skills that enable you to play spooky games.
- Alexa offers the widely popular interactive adventure game namely The Magic Door. The Dark Forest Path will take you to the Witch’s mansion in quest of the Wise Wizard
- Ghost Detector is exactly what it sounds like. You have to detect ghosts, spirits, and other out-of-this-world beings. You can catch one ghost per day. With the in-game currency, Ghost Bux, you’ll be able to purchase gadgets
- Haunted Adventure is also one of the spooky adventure games for Halloween
- Halloween Feel The Pressure is a new version of Feel The Pressure game with a Halloween twist. You have to answer questions based on a letter of the alphabet. There’s a need for 10 correct answers in a row to ‘save your soul’
These are just a few Halloween-themed games offered by Alexa. You just need to say, Alexa, launch ‘game name’.
Read more at 10 Cool Halloween Gift Ideas to Wow Your Friends
Play Halloween Music
One of the best Halloween Alexa skills is thematic party music. You can create or follow a playlist of all your Halloween favorites on Amazon Music or Spotify and ask Alexa to play it.
Play Spooky Sounds
Another skill in our list of Halloween Alexa skills is that it can even play spooky sounds apart from themed music.
You can request something like the Spooky Sounds for Halloween EP on Spotify. However, you can also use one of the following Halloween Alexa skills.
- Spooky Halloween Sounds will play a nonstop loop of spooky sounds until you ask Alexa to stop. Fantastic, isn’t it?
- Spooky Scream will play a random scream after a time interval you’ve set. Just say, ‘Alexa, ask Spooky Scream to start in five minutes’
Tell Scary Stories
All thanks to the Boo Bot skill, Amazon speaker can read scary stories for you. All you need to do is simply enable the skill and say ‘Alexa, ask Boo Bot for a scary story’. The device will start reading a story. Alternatively, you can use its ‘Something Scary’ skill, which you can ask speak or whisper a scary quote.
You may also like: 10 Fascinating Thanksgiving Things You Never Knew About
Create Your Own Spooky Scene
In case you have smart bulbs and other smart devices around your home, you can use SmartThings hub or a service like Yonomi to make scenes that turn your house from normal to Halloween-ready in a matter of seconds.
For example, you can create a scene called Haunted House that:
- Turns the lights orange
- Plays a particular playlist music over Sonos speakers
- Toggles on a smart switch with a decoration plugged into it
Just say, ‘Alexa, turn on the Haunted House’ to use this one of the amazing Halloween Alexa skills.
Get Costume Ideas
Are you still looking for a solid consume for your Halloween party? Alexa can help you out. The device includes the Halloween Consumes Ideas skill that will serve up ideas until you find the best one for you. Merely say, ‘Alexa, open Halloween Costume Ideas’. Afterward, answer the ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions until you find the perfect costume idea.
Whether you’re a fan of the scary or just like the cute and cuddly side of Halloween, these fun Halloween Alexa skills will surely make the holiday season even better. Have a great Halloween!