In case you’ve downloaded iOS 11 on your iPhone or iPad, you may have noticed that the App Store looks drastically different. It’s all new – even the App Store logo has also changed for the first time since its creation. It showcases apps in a more recognizable way via various sections such as top picks, reviews, and editors choices. Although it’s a whole-hearted welcome change, there are a few differences in the way the App Store operates in iOS 11. Fret not as we’re here to explain you about how to use the new App Store in iOS 11. Let’s have a look.
Use New App Store in iOS 11
How to Discover New Content on App Store?
The new App Store in iOS 11 categories apps into different sections such as Today, Games and Apps, Editors Choice, and much more. The Today tab provides original content written by Apple editors, ranging from stories of indie developers to how-to guides helping you get the most out of your apps.
The next tab namely Games and Apps now has separate tabs making it easier to find out games when you want to have a gaming session, as well as apps when you’re looking for something new.
The new App Store in iOS 11 also offers recommendations and information on newly released content together with charts and handpicked collections created by Apple editors.
On top of that, In-App Purchases are now searchable in the App Store in Apple iOS 11 and also appear within app product pages making it easier to find out the new app and game upgrades.
How to Find and Download Apps?
Aside from locating new content in new App Store in iOS 11, you can use its Search feature to discover a specific app, developer or in-app purchase. To find and download apps, you need to:
- Open the App Store on your iOS device
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon namely Search tab in the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Type your search query and tap on the Search button
- A list of relevant results will appear. Select the app or game you’ve been searching for
- Tap on the blue Open button to get more information about the app if you want. Otherwise, tap on the Get button to download the app onto your iPhone or iPad
How to Update Apps?
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone or iPad
- Hit the Updates tab to view the list of available app and game updates
- Tap on the Update button next to the app you want to update. On the other hand, tapping on the Update All button will install all pending updates
You may also like: iOS 11 Vs Android O: Which is Better for You?
How to Automatically Update Apps?
Apple iOS 11 offers you the option to automatically download and install updates as they become available. To use App Store in iOS 11 for automatically updating apps, follow the instructions given below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the iTunes & App Store tab
- Under the Automatic Downloads section, toggle the Updates switch on
How to Disable App Updates Over a Mobile Data Connection?
The option of automatically download updates in the new App Store in iOS 11 is quite useful. But what if you don’t have a generous data cap on your device? Well, in that case, this feature can take a chunk out of your monthly data allowance.
A simple solution to this problem is to disable app and game updates over a mobile data connection. Here’s how to do so:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device
- Hit the iTunes & App Store tab
- Tap on the Use Cellular Data option to toggle the switch off
That’s all we have in our complete guide to use new App Store in iOS 11. In case you encounter any issues while using the redesigned App Store, feel free to drop your queries in the comments section below. We’ll love to hear from you.