Your face is your password – this is how Apple promoting the Face ID feature on its latest iPhone X. Without any doubt, it’s a revolutionary feature setting the smartphone apart from the rest. You can set up Face ID on iPhone X to unlock your phone by just looking at it, make payments with Apple Pay, sign into your apps, and much more.
Apple claims that it has used the TrueDepth camera system and other pioneering technologies to introduce this Face ID. It automatically adjusts to changes in your appearance like shaving a full beard. The feature is designed to work with glasses, contact lenses, scarves, and hats. Besides, it can also be used in various different lighting conditions including dark rooms.
Without further ado, let’s take you through a quick-witted journey on how to set up Face ID on iPhone X. Here we go.
Set up Face ID on iPhone X
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone X
- Tap on the Face ID & Passcode option
- Next, tap on the blue Enroll Face option
- A new window will open saying Face ID Set-up. You need to tap on the Get Started button
- Position your face within the frame to set up Face ID on iPhone X. Now, your device will use the selfie camera along with an infrared sensor to show your face within a circle with the green tick marks surrounding it
- You need to gently move your head to let the enrollment software perfectly capture facial characteristics
- Once your phone scans your face, tap on the Continue button to complete the set up Face ID on iPhone X process
Read more at How to Transfer Music to iPhone Without iTunes
How to Unlock iPhone X using Face ID?
Once you set up Face ID on iPhone X, you can use it to unlock your phone just by looking at it. Here’s how to do so.
- To get started, wake the screen of your smartphone by either picking it up (if you’ve enabled raise to wake up via Settings > Display & Brightness > Raise) or just by pressing the side button
- Look directly at your device with your eyes wide open. The padlock icon will open to show you that you’ve successfully unlocked your iPhone X
You may also like: How to Automatically Block Spam Calls on iPhone
How to Disable Face ID on Your iPhone X?
There’re some circumstances when you may need to temporarily disable Face ID. Check out this quick guide given below to get it done easily.
- Head over to the Settings app on your phone
- Tap on the Face ID & Passcode option and disable Face ID
There’re various other ways Face ID will disable itself:
- Restart your iPhone X
- Reboot your iPhone X
- Make 5 failed attempts to unlock your phone using Face ID
- Don’t unlock your iPhone X in over 48 hours with Face ID
- Don’t unlock your phone with a passcode
- Simply grip the buttons on both sides of your iPhone X
When Will You Need to Enter Passcode to Unlock Your iPhone X?
- After the 48-hour time period in which you didn’t use Face ID on your phone
- After restarting your device
- An 8-hour timer is automatically set after every 6 days. And if you don’t use Face ID in that period, you’ll require to enter the passcode
- After 5 failed attempts
Have you set up Face ID on iPhone X? Is it more secure than Touch ID? What do you think? Share your thoughts with us via the comments section below.