If you’re looking for the way to block spam calls on iPhone then you are at the right post! iOS allows you to natively block certain numbers from calling you but there’s no way for the iOS device to identify and block spam calls without any third-party app. Fortunately, there are a number of apps available on the App Store that helps you block spam calls on iPhone.
So, if you’re tired of getting spam calls on iPhone, just read our complete post to know how to block them. Let’s have a look.
Block Spam Calls on iPhone
There are several third-party apps that can alert you of a spam call by checking an incoming phone number from the app’s database. As a result, whenever an incoming call arrives on your iPhone, the app first checks it. In case the phone number is spam, it blocks the phone calls right away.
Here, we use Hiya app. The app detects and blocks spam calls from telemarketers, debt collectors, scammers, and automated systems. It has an integrated spam identification feature which helps it identify the calls which you want to receive and block the ones that you want to ignore. You can also create your own personalized block list. Besides, the spam blocking application comes with a native dialer integration.
Here’s our how-to guide on how to block spam calls on iPhone.
- First of all, head over to the App Store and download Hiya on your iOS device
- Once you’ve installed the app, open it and tap on the Get Started button at the bottom of your device’s screen
- On the next screen, you can select your country and enter phone number. Once you’re done, tap on the Next button
- The app will send you a code on your iPhone which you have to enter to verify your phone number. Once done, tap on the Continue button to proceed
- Next, the app will ask you for permission to access your contacts. This is an optional step and if you are only going to use the app to detect and block spam calls then you can actually skip this step. However, if you wish to take things a step further, you will need to grant the app access to your contacts
- After that, you can tap on Enable Push Notifications to get notified when the spam list in the app needs to be updated. Otherwise, whenever you’ll launch the app and tap on the Protect tab at the bottom of your device’s screen, it will automatically update it
- Once done, you will need to navigate to your iPhone’s Settings menu and enable Call Blocking & Identification for Hiya. To do this, launch the Settings menu and scroll down until you find Phone. Select it
- Now, tap on the Call Blocking & Identification option
- Tap on the toggle switch next to Hiya to turn it on
- Now, return to the Hiya app and tap on the Options tab to customize settings
- From here, you can choose what happens when you receive a spam call as well as suspected spam and spoofed calls
- Unless you set spam calls to be auto-blocked, spam calls will still come through but they will have a warning attached noting that it’s a notable spam caller
It’s a pretty straightforward functionality and the app comes with other features including the ability to search an unknown phone number in order to find out who it is. Overall, if you really want to use the spam alert feature, you are good to go.