There are various methods to convert M4A to MP3 files online. We know that M4A is an audio coding format by Apple, which is used for storing audio data without losing quality. It is widely used as a music downloader from Apple iTunes Store. Let’s have a look at M4A compatible devices along with media players.
M4A Compatible Devices and M4A Players
Usually, Apple accessories like iPhone, Apple TV, and iPod are able to play M4A files smoothly. Tablets and PCs running QuickTime or iTunes are also compatible with the M4A format. Also, gadgets or media players like VLC, Windows Media Player, Roxio Popcorn, Toast, and Creator can also open M4A files. However, many popular devices like Samsung Smart TV, PSP, Android devices are not friendly with the M4A format.
You May Also Like: Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 within 4 Easy Steps
Check out the most effective methods below to learn how to convert M4A into MP3 online.
How to Convert M4A to MP3 Online Using iTunes
- First of all, make sure your M4A files are added to iTunes library. If not, you need to add M4A files to iTunes by navigating to File > Add Files to Library
- Next, click on the Edit menu and select Preferences
- By default, the General tab will be opened. Click on the Import Settings button
- Click on the dropdown menu to the right of Import Using and select MP3 Encoder
- You can adjust the bit rate at which your songs will be encoded. Once you’re done, click on the OK button to save the settings
- Choose M4A files you would like to convert and go to File > Convert > Create MP3 Version
- iTunes will automatically start the M4A to MP3 conversion
You May Also Like: Importance of Online Converters in Your Life
How to Convert M4A to MP3 Online Using Online Free Converter
If you don’t want to use iTunes to convert your M4A files, you can use online free converters. Here, we’re going to demonstrate how to convert M4A to MP3 online via FileZigZag.
- Navigate to the FileZigZag site and click on the Select button to upload the original M4A audio files
- From Convert to section, choose the MP3 format from the output format list
- Enter your email address in the given blank box to receive the converted file
- Once done, click on the Convert button to start converting M4A to MP3 format.
Now, you just need to wait for the email with a download link of the converted MP3 file.
How to Convert M4A to MP3 with Apple Music Converter
Since the online M4A to MP3 converters are free, they normally come with advertisements. So, if you don’t want to use a method that contains ads then here’s a clean, safe, and easy-to-use tool to help you convert M4A to MP3.
Apple Music Converter has the ability to convert M4A to MP3 and make the conversion even easier. This program is actually designed to convert DRM-ed Apple Music, iTunes M4P, M4B, Audible AA/AAX files into MP3, MKA, FLAC, MKV, etc. So, you can also use this program to convert the protected iTunes audio file. And it can keep the output MP3 and M4A with ID3 tags preserved.
- Open the Apple Music Converter on your computer. iTunes will automatically open with it
- Find the Playlist that contains the M4A files
- Choose the M4A files you would like to convert
- Go to Output Settings that lets you set output format and output folder
- Select the MP3 format from the dropdown list and adjust the output folder path as per your need
- Click on the Convert button to start the conversion process
- After conversion, click on the Explore Saved File to locate the converted files
So these were 3 best methods to convert M4A to MP3 online.