Windows 10 represents a major upgrade for Microsoft as well as for the millions of people who use the operating system every day. One of the biggest strengths of Windows 10 is the ability to customize virtually anything. The ability to customize the operating system allows you to make Windows 10 more personal and it can also help you to be more productive. In this article, we’ll tell you about how to customize Windows 10 to the maximum. Let’s dig a little deeper.
With Windows 10, there are a lot of personalization settings that allows you to change your desktop background, windows colors, sounds, lock screen background, and a lot more. Not only this, but you can also create your own theme with custom desktop background, border, and Start menu accent color. You can create your own accent color by using Color and Appearance settings from Control Panel.
Besides, you can also resize the Start menu horizontally and vertically, but how far the menu can be resized will depend upon the screen resolution. Once done, you can save the settings as a new theme file.
You May Also Like: 5 Superb Windows 10 Search Tricks You Probably Don’t Know
Customize Windows 10
- First of all, click on the Start menu and select Settings
- Next, navigate to Personalization window
- Now, click on Themes in the Personalization window
- Select the Theme settings
- Once you select the theme, click on the Theme’s icon under Apply a Theme
However, if you are not satisfied with the current set of themes, you can always choose more from the Windows Store. To do so, follow the steps listed below:
- Click on the Start menu and select Settings
- Next, go to Personalization and click on Themes
- Click on Get More Themes in the Windows Store
- You need to look for your desired theme by scrolling through the page
- Once you’re done, click on the Get button
- After it gets downloaded, click on Launch to apply your desired theme
If you want to tweak the themes, you can also do it by going to Start menu > Settings > Personalization.
This way you can customize Windows 10 by changing your desktop background, colors, lock screen background image, and Start menu settings as well.
Also Read: How to Check CPU Temperature in Windows 10