Have you ever allowed a third-party app to access your Facebook account? Well, many of you have allowed as it’s much easier to use a Facebook login than to enter details to create a new account. Although it’s a fast and handy way to avoid creating a new account for every web service, it sometimes comes with a price, i.e. access to your personal data. When you use your Facebook login to sign into a third-party app, you can actually give permissions to apps for accessing your confidential data. In this article, we’ll tell you about how to remove third party Facebook apps from your account.
You should know that cyber criminals can create malicious apps to steal your data or to take over your account in order to trick your friends into clicking on a malicious link. So, the more third-party apps you give permission to access your social account, the more vulnerable your account becomes. Isn’t it? So, it’s better to remove third party Facebook apps from your account.
You May Also Like: How to Use Facebook Profile Picture Guard Feature
Remove Third Party Facebook Apps From Your Account
Follow the steps listed below to know how to remove apps from your Facebook account.
1. Open the Facebook app and enter your credentials
2. From your FB home page, tap on the drop-down menu at the upper-right side of your phone’s screen
3. Scroll down until you find Settings. Click on it
4. Now, click on the Apps option in the left-side column
5. You’ll see a list of all the apps you’ve connected
6. Click on Show all
7. Next, click the “X” symbol next to the app you no longer want to have access to your Facebook friend list or other information
8. Click on the Remove button to confirm your selection
9. At this point, the app you selected has been removed
So this was how you can remove third party Facebook apps from your account. However, remember that just because you remove an app or website’s access to your Facebook data does not mean it’s completely out. Most of these web services copy relevant data like your name, birthday, interests, and email address to their own services. You need to go to that site and remove your account there too.
Read More at How to Report a Post on Facebook