In this techno-digital era, having a fast and efficient Internet connection is the need of the hour whether you’re at home or at work. Sluggish speed and fragile connections can be annoying and even costly. So what to do to boost and increase Internet speed? Well, you need not upgrade your Internet plan. Just stay on this post and read on to increase Internet speed by 20%.
Here, we’ll make you familiar with the 4 easy ways which will help you boost up Internet speed. You can select any method that suits you the best. Let’s get started.
How to Boost and Increase Internet Speed?
Limit Reservable Bandwidth
Given that Internet users are rising day by day, the bandwidths get divided and it results in the crawling down of the Internet speed. There’s some bandwidth limit as well that is continuously remain reserved on our system. This bandwidth is allocated to a system by default for system use. Also, it embraces around 20-30% of Internet speed of the total speed by a connection. Well, here’s a cool trick by which you can unallocated this reserved bandwidth and increase Internet speed. Here’s the Internet booster technique to edit the limit reservable bandwidth:
- Click on the Start button and type gpedit.msc
- You’ll see a Local policy group editor dialog box. Click on the Administrative Template folder at the left side in the dialog box. Next, select the Network option situated at the right side. Under the Settings section, click on the QoS Packet Schedule option
- Now, double-click on the Limit Reservable Bandwidth file. A dialog box will appear, showing the Not Configured option by default
- Click on the Enabled option and set the limit percentage from 20 to 0. Now, click on the Ok button
Once you’re done with the steps, this will unallocated or free the reserved bandwidth. This trick will surely boost and increase Internet speed up to 20-30% without any software. Other than this bandwidth reservation, there’re many other factors that can decelerate the speed of your Internet. These may include an out-of-date software such as antivirus and other running processes in the background. Just open the Task Manager by using the key combo Alt + Ctrl + Del to stop such processes. This will also help you boost and increase Internet speed.
Read more at Tips to Speed Up Your Slow PC for Free
Cache temporarily stores the Internet data, which is used by web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox to open any site in the faster way. This cache automatically piles up to your system. Basically, caches are intended to accelerate your Internet speed but sometimes it results in slowing down the speed once it exceeds beyond the limited size. Thankfully, you can clear browser cache in all major browsers, including Opera and Safari. To know how to do so, pay a quick visit to our tutorial on How to Clear Browser Cache in All Major Browsers.
Using Device Manager
The next way in our list of 4 easy ways to boost and increase Internet speed by 20% is to use Device Manager. Follow the steps below to get the job done:
- Right-click on the My Computer folder on your desktop screen and select the Properties option from the appearing menu
- Now, click on the Device Manager option
- A new window will arise. Here, you need to expand the Ports section
- Double-click on the Communications Port to continue
- Next, click on the Port Settings section. Here, you need to change ‘Bit Per Second’ to a maximum available option and ‘Flow Control’ to Hardware
And there you are! Simply save it and restart your computer. You’ll experience the high-speed Internet.
You may also like: 10 Outstanding PC Tricks and Hacks 2017 You Must Know
Setting up Google DNS
On Windows computer, you can set up Google DNS to speed up your connection. Here’s how to boost Internet speed with Google DNS:
- Launch Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center
- Click on the blue Change Adapter Settings option
- Here, you’ll see all the networks. All you need to do is just select the connected network and right-click on it and select the Properties option from the arising menu
- Select the Networking section and find the Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) option. Once done, click on the Properties option at the bottom side
- Next, select the option, namely Use the Following DNS Server Addresses. There you’ll require to fill the Google DNS value 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 and then click on the Ok button
Restart your computer to enjoy the increased Internet speed. All these above-mentioned methods will definitely help you boost and increase Internet speed by 20%. So which method you’re going to use? Let us know in the comments section below.