Windows 10 ships with Microsoft Edge browser, which uses Bing as the default search engine. Although Bing surely has some benefits as a search engine, many users prefer some other competitive services to search on the Internet like Google. Fortunately, Microsoft enables its users to set Google as default search engine in Edge. Don’t know how to do so? Well, dig deep to get familiar with the process.
In case you’ve set Microsoft Edge as default browser, you may have noticed that each time when you open it to search on the Internet, you may end up with the confusing results if you’re used to an alternative. Not anymore as we’re here to help you. In this tutorial, we’ll provide you with the necessary steps to change default search engine in Edge from Bing to Google. Let’s take the plunge.
Set Google as Default Search Engine in Edge
- Launch the Edge browser in your system and open Google search engine in the browser
- Once you’re on the Google search page, add it to the Favorites by clicking on the Star button
- A pop-up window will arise, allowing you to add Google to Favorites. Simply click on the Add button to continue
- Next, click on the Three-dot icon in the top-right corner and select the Settings option
- Scroll down until you find the Advanced Settings section. Under this section, click on the gray View Advanced Settings button
- Now, find the Search in the Address Bar With section. Once found, click on the drop-down box and then on the Add New option
- Under the Choose One section, you’ll see the Google search entry. All you need to do is just select it and click on the Add as default button to set Google as default search engine in Edge
And there you’re! Now, the Edge browser will use Google search engine as default. You can type anything in the address bar and the web browser in Windows 10 will search it for you using your new search engine. Once you set Google as default search engine in Edge, you’ll be provided with the relevant suggestions as well.
You may also like: Create Website Reminders with Microsoft Edge and Cortana: How to