By default, Mozilla Firefox has an integrated pop-up blocker that helps you throttle some or all the potential distractions from showing up your screen. Please note that pop-up blockers prevent unnecessary windows from opening without your permission on some sites. These pop-ups mainly display advertisements and are often annoying and intrusive. If you’re the one who doesn’t like pop-up ads, here’s a method to block pop-up windows in Mozilla Firefox.
In this article, we’ve provided you a way on how to block pop-up windows in Mozilla Firefox. Let’s have a look.
Block pop-up windows in Mozilla Firefox
For Windows, Mac OS X, macOS Sierra, and Linux
Follow the steps listed below to know how to block pop-up windows in Mozilla Firefox
- Type about:preferences#content into Firefox’s address bar and press the Enter key
- You’ll see the Firefox’s Content preferences within the active tab
- Under Pop-ups section, you’ll get an option labeled as Block popup windows accompanied by a checkbox and enabled by default
This setting controls whether the Firefox’s integrated pop-up blocker is active or not
- To enable or disable it at any time, click on the checkbox once to add or remove the check mark
- There is the Exceptions button which loads the Allowed Sites- Pop-ups window, where you can instruct Firefox to allow pop-up windows on specific sites. These exceptions override the pop-up blocker itself
- Once you’re done, click on the Save Changes button
Also Read: 10 coolest Mozilla Firefox hidden features
- First of all, tap on the three horizontal lines, dubbed Firefox’s menu button at the bottom side of your browser window or alongside the address bar
- Once the pop-up menu appears, select the Settings. You may need to swipe left to locate this option
- After this, you’ll see the Firefox’s Settings interface
- Under the General section, you’ll get an option named as the Block Pop-up Windows that tells whether the integrated pop-up blocker is enabled or not
- Tap on the ON/OFF button to toggle Firefox’s blocking functionality
- Type about: config into the address bar
- Next, search disable_open_during_load and set it to false
In case you want to enable the pop-up blocker, you can also set dom.disable_open_during_load to true.
That’s all! So this was all about how to block pop-ups in Firefox.
You May Also Like: How to block pop-up windows in Chrome