Ever since the inception of WhatsApp, millions of its users have been sending and receiving animated videos and photos. One of the most entertaining features of WhatsApp is to create GIFs out of any video you’ve taken with your smartphone. With the updated version of WhatsApp, you can create videos of up to 6 seconds, taken from any video length, and then simply converted them into GIFs within the app. In this article, we’ll tell you how to convert videos into GIFs on WhatsApp. Just go through our post to learn how to do it so you can share fun custom GIFs with your family or friends.
Convert Videos into GIFs on WhatsApp
While you’re sending videos, you have the option to send it as a GIF. Along with the ability to search and send GIFs from popular services like Tenor or Giphy, you can also create your own WhatsApp GIFs by converting them from videos. Although WhatsApp has not included its own GIF search engine within the app, it has given a nifty way to create your own animated photos.
The below walkthrough will show you how to convert videos into GIFs on WhatsApp.
- First of all, capture a video that you would like to convert it into a GIF
- Next, open a conversation in WhatsApp
- Now, tap on the attachment icon, i.e. the paperclip icon at the top-right corner of your chat screen
- Once you’re done, select Gallery
- Now, select the video you wish to convert into a GIF
- From the video editor that appears, tap on the camcorder icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
A GIF icon will appear in place of the video. You can edit it as per your choice but it must be within 6 seconds or less to be sent as a GIF.
- Once you’ve edited the video, tap on the green arrow icon to send it
And you’re done! This way you can convert videos into GIFs on WhatsApp. Enjoy sending fun GIFs to your friends!
You May Also Like: How to make a GIF using KMPlayer