Ever since the inception of Twitter, millions of its users are posting tweets all over the world. It’s a fun and simple way to share your thoughts and activities with your friends. Along with this, you can also mute a Twitter conversation if you don’t want to see the conversations in a particular tweet.
Twitter has introduced the Muted Conversations feature that helps you mute entire conversations in a tweet. If you would like to stop receiving notifications for a particular conversation, you can select to mute it. Once you’ve muted a conversation, you won’t get any new notifications about that conversation.
It’s really useful when you find yourself caught up in a long back and forth conversation that you’re not interested in following. However, remember that this mute feature works only for Twitter threads and not for hashtags.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to mute a Twitter conversation on Mobile and Web. Let’s have a quick look.
How to Mute a Twitter conversation on Mobile
First of all, make sure that you’re running the latest version of the Twitter app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. The feature will work on systems that run version 6.23.0 on Android and version 6.66.1 on iOS.
To mute a Twitter conversation on mobile, follow the steps listed below:
- Launch the Twitter app
- Go to the tweet that you would like to mute
- Next, tap on the drop-down arrow at the top of tweet box or card to open the menu
- Tap on Mute this conversation option
And you’re done! This way you will mute all unwanted replies and mentions you don’t want to see anymore. You won’t receive any alerts for any new mentions but the people in the conversation can continue tweeting at each other.
You May Also Like: Complete guide to connect your Twitter and Facebook account
How to Mute a Twitter conversation on Web
The below walkthrough will show you how to mute a Twitter conversation on Web.
- Open Twitter in the browser of your choice
- Navigate to the tweet that you no longer want to see
- You’ll get the Twitter conversation in a card
- Now, click on the More button at the bottom of the card
- Next, click on Mute this conversation under the menu that appears
That’s it! So this was all about how to mute conversation on Twitter.
How to Unmute a Twitter Conversation
In any case, if you’ve changed your mind and want to see the discussions in the tweet again, you can unmute the conversation. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go back to the tweet you’ve muted
- Tap on the same drop-down button on the tweet on mobile or the More button if you’re on the web
- Next, tap on Unmute this conversation
This way you can unmute a Twitter conversation and see the mentions again. Please note that you’re not able to keep track of conversations in the mute mode.