On the latest watchOS 4, you can use iPhone photos as Apple Watch face. It’s the perfect way to add a personalization touch to your wearable. If you own watchOS 4 and want to create a custom watch face on your Apple Watch, look no further than our post on how to use iPhone photos as wallpaper on your arm candy. Let’s lay down the steps for you.
Use iPhone Photos as Apple Watch Face
In order to personalize your Watch face, you must be running iOS 11 on your iPhone and watchOS 4 on your Apple Watch. The Cupertino-based tycoon introduced the first developer betas of both the above-said platforms earlier this week after showcasing them during WWDC 2017. In case you don’t have an Apple developer account, you’ll need to wait for the first public betas of iOS 11 and watchOS 4, which perhaps become available next month.
Once you’ve updated your devices, it’s super easy to use an iPhone photo as an Apple Watch face. All you need to do is:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone
- Select a picture you want to set as an Apple Watch face
- Tap on the Share icon. Then, scroll all the way to the right and tap on the Create Watch Face option
- Here, you can set your Apple Watch as a Photos Watch Face. Alternatively, you can get totally trippy and use your photo as the basis for a swirly Kaleidoscope Watch Face, which is a newly introduced feature of watchOS
- Select the Photos Watch Face and tap on the Add button to use iPhone photos as Apple Watch face
Now, you can see your selected photo as wallpaper on your wearable. You can’t change other customization options apart from tweaking a couple of complications.
On the other hand, if you’ve synced your iPhone photos to your Apple Watch, you can directly set a photo as a watch face from the wearable itself. If you’re unaware of the syncing process between the two devices, visit our Complete guide to set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone.
To do so, open the Photos app on your Apple Watch and find the picture you wish to use. Afterward, Force Touch the display and select the Create Watch Face option.
In this way, you can use iPhone photos as Apple Watch face to add a little personal flavor to your arm candy.
Read more at How to add and delete Apple Watch clock faces