Ever since the inception of Gmail, millions of people are using their Gmail account to send and receive emails on a daily basis. However, you often receive umpteen of unwanted messages in your inbox everyday from spammers. If that’s the case with you, blocking of the email address is the only solution. With the help of some simple settings in your Gmail account, you can easily block email address in Gmail on Android and Web.
In this article, we’re posting a step-by-step tutorial on how to block email address in Gmail on Android and Web. Let’s get started.
Block Email Address in Gmail on Web
The below walkthrough will show you how to block email address on Web.
- First of all, open the Gmail website on your preferred browser
- Login to your Gmail account where you want to block email address
- Navigate to Settings by clicking on gear icon
- Next, click on the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab
- Here, you’ll see all the email addresses you’ve blocked. If you’ve not blocked the email address which you would like to block then click on Create a new filter option
- You’ll get a box where you need to fill details to block emails
- Once you’re done, save it
This way you’ll not receive any email from that sender.
Block Email Address on Android
You can easily block email address in Gmail on your Android device. To do so, follow the steps listed below:
- Open the Gmail app on your Android phone
- Navigate to the email whose sender you want to block
- Next, tap on the three-dot menu icon
- Tap on Block ‘Sender’s Name’
This was all you need to know about how to block email address in Gmail on Android and Web. Stay tuned for more updates!