Avast is a robust security solution, especially intended to safeguard your business data and computer from potential cyber attacks. It has a built-in module, baptized Web Shield that enables you to block certain websites. Sometimes, the latest version of Avast blocks legitimate websites along with the dangerous ones. In order to stop Avast Free Antivirus 2017 from blocking websites, you’ll need to disable its Web Shield module or add websites to your Exclusions list. In this how-to article, we’ve laid down the simple steps for you to unblock a website when being blocked by Avast. Let’s have a look:
If you don’t have the software installed on your system, download Avast Free Antivirus now!
Stop Avast Free Antivirus 2017 from Blocking Websites
There are two methods to stop Avast Free Antivirus from blocking websites: Disable Web Shield Module and Add Websites to the Exclusions List. Let’s discuss both methods one by one to know how to stop Avast from blocking websites:
Disable Web Shield Module
- Right-click on the orange ‘Avast’ icon in the system tray and select ‘Open Avast! User interface’ from the context menu
- Click on the ‘Real-time Shields’ in the navigation pane at the left to view all modules of the system security software
- Next, click on the ‘Web Shield’ module at the left side to view its settings in the right pane
- Click on the Stop button to disable the Web Shield module and stop Avast 2017 from blocking websites
- Select the ‘Stop for 10 minutes’ option if you want to briefly stop the shield or click on the ‘Stop Permanently’ option to permanently disable the module
- A pop-up window appears, asking you to confirm the action. Simply click on the Yes button to continue
After following the above instructions, you can easily head over to the websites that were blocked by Avast Free Antivirus 2017. If you’re looking to download avast antivirus on your smartphone, you should check Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus for Android review first to know all its pros and cons.
Add Websites to the Exclusions List
- Double-click on the Avast icon in the bottom-right corner of your system’s screen
- Click on the Real-time Shields tab at the left and then select the Web Shield option
- Open the Web Shield Settings by clicking on the Expert Settings button
- Click on the Exclusions at the left side of the screen to stop Avast Free Antivirus 2017 from blocking websites
- Under the URLs to Exclude section, click once on the ‘enter address’ box and type the website URL you want to unblock
- Click on the Add button to add websites to the Exclusions list
- Add all the websites for which you want to stop Avast Free Antivirus from blocking and click on the Ok button to save the new settings
In this way, you can easily stop Avast Free Antivirus 2017 from blocking websites. The steps will remain the same regardless of the Windows version you’re using.
Read more about Avast! 2017 at How to Register Avast Free Antivirus 2017 for 1-Year Free License