One of the latest Android Nougat features is the ability to enter and save emergency info on your smartphone. This information can be accessed from emergency dialer without unlocking your phone. You can add emergency info in Android Nougat such as your name, address, medications, allergies, blood group, medical notes, and organ donor.
Although Android N has generated a lot of buzz with its customizable quick settings and ability to change default apps, there’s also a potentially life-saving feature that comes with the newest Android makeover. The new Emergency Info screen allows you to add various details including date of birth. You can also specify an emergency contact so that it can be viewed directly. Here’s how to add emergency info in Android Nougat:
Add Emergency Info in Android Nougat
- Navigate to the Settings > Users > Emergency Contact Information section on your phone
- Tap on the Emergency Information option. Dismiss the pop-up message that only appears the first time you visit here
- Under the info section, you’ll find various options such as Name, Address, Blood Type, Allergies, etc. Tap on the Name option to enter your name, followed by tapping on the other fields to add your confidential data. Some categories like Blood Type will allow you to choose information from a pop-up menu
- In order to specify an emergency contact, tap on the Contacts option
- Next, tap on the Add Contacts button. This will open up your contacts library
- Tap on the contact you want to add as an emergency contact. You can even add other contacts to the list
- Once you add emergency info in the phone, you can access it from the lock screen. When your phone is locked, you’ll see an Emergency button below the PIN
- Now, tap on the Emergency button. In order to access the information, tap on it a second time
- Under the Info section, you’ll see the details that have been filled out from the Settings. You’ll find your specified emergency contacts under the Contacts tab
To read more about Android Nougat, visit at How to Manage Android Nougat Notifications
You can even edit your emergency information, but it requires you to unlock the smartphone first. However, all your personal info is visible to anyone who get his/her hands on the phone which could be a risk if it is lost or stolen.