This year, Samsung brought us two splendid smartphones namely Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus on April 19 that have started to ship in many countries along with India. Both flagship devices are topping the smartphone chart in all aspects. There’s much more we can do with these two devices using their pre-boots menus: Recovery Mode and Download Mode. Here, we’ve got this simple tutorial that will help you boot Galaxy S8 into Recovery Mode and Download Mode.
Both the above-said modes help you fix your device when the need arises just like the way you fix a broken Android screen. Recovery Mode lets you flash third-party apps, ROMs, and mods. Withal, it includes many advanced features to maintain your phone. Conversely, Download Mode has its own reason for existence. It allows you to flash stock RAM or firmware to upgrade or downgrade your phone’s Android version by using Odin and Smart Switch which you can use to switch from iPhone to Samsung.
Until now, booting Samsung Galaxy device into Recovery and Download Mode required the use of Home button. However, Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are the first Samsung flagships that ditch the physical Home Button. So, how to boot your Galaxy S8 into such modes without home button? Thankfully, it’s not at all hard to boot Galaxy S8 into Recovery Mode and Download Mode if you take a minute to learn the new button combinations.
Let us lay down steps for you to consider when going to boot Galaxy S8 into Recovery Mode and Download Mode:
Boot Galaxy S8 into Recovery Mode
- First of all, power off your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone
- Once it’s off, press and hold the Bixby and Volume Up buttons simultaneously and then press the Power button
- Leave the Power key once the phone turns on, while still keeping the Bixby and Volume Up buttons pressed
- When you’re able to see the blue screen with the Android logo, release all the buttons quickly
- You’ll see the recovery screen on the phone, meaning that you’ve entered in the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Recovery Mode. From here, you can do things like perform a factory reset or wipe your device’s cache
In the Recovery Mode, use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation purpose and Power button for selection purpose.
Boot Galaxy S8 into Download Mode
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S8 properly
- Press and hold the Bixby and Volume Down buttons and then press Power button to enter Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Download Mode
- Once you see a blue screen with a warning message, release all the keys quickly
- Afterward, just press the Volume Up button to boot Galaxy S8 into Download Mode
Now, you’re ready to flash stock ROM or firmware on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
This was all about how to boot Galaxy S8 into Recovery Mode and Download Mode. As we’ve already provided you a hands-on Samsung Galaxy S8 review earlier, it’s time you get familiar with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Recovery mode and Download Mode which come handy in touchy situations. If you’ve any quarries, you may leave your valuable comments below. We’ll try to response you as soon as possible.