The average American looks at his or her cell phone over 50 times a day, and that’s not taking into account the actual hours of usage. All areas of life are now integrated into the palm of your hand, but protecting your phone can be easy to overlook. With so much riding on a central technology source, it’s important to do everything you can for safeguarding your cell phone. You can do so with the help of an efficient security app like AVG Antivirus along with some useful tips to ensure more safety.
Safeguarding Your Cell Phone in Easy Way:
1. Investigate incoming messages.
Gone are the days of obvious email hacking attempts. Scamming methods are ever-widening and may be received from most messaging sources. No matter the source, there are a number of ways to verify if the message, along with included hyperlinks, can be trusted.
- Research the company/offer before responding. Do not respond if you cannot verify its legitimacy.
- Never click on an image sent from an unknown sender.
- Before downloading a new application, research to see if the app is associated with any malware or hidden fees.
- If an app is not sold by a well-known app store, do not download it
2. Minimize use of free Wi-Fi hotspots.
Any business with a waiting room is likely to offer use of a free Wi-Fi hotspot, and it’s tempting to use it at every opportunity. Who does not want to use data when it’s free? However, there is no way to know that the Wi-Fi hotspot hasn’t been compromised by hackers. Limit your use of free internet hotspots as much as possible for safeguarding your cell phone.
3. Install and use quality virus software.
Even with the best of intentions, it can be difficult to determine what a threat to your phone is and what’s harmless. That’s why it’s important to use a trusted antivirus app that is also user-friendly. The best free antivirus app on the market is made by AVG. It covers numerous points of threat, and using the AVG Antivirus app is clear and simple.
With these three tips in mind, you can become better at safeguarding your cell phone. Do what you can to protect yourself by questioning what you don’t know, from messaging to free Wi-Fi, and let a trusted virus software app like AVG Antivirus take it from there.