Tech giant Facebook has added a new feature to its Messenger app. Known as Group Payments, the new function allows you to make payments within a group conversation in FB Messenger. The feature will come most handy when you wish to split the bill among your friends.
At present, the Facebook Messenger app supports payment but it’s limited to only two people at a time. This causes a problem when you’re hanging out with more than 2 friends in a restaurant and want to split the bill accordingly. Now that Facebook Adds Group Payments feature, you can easily divide it equally among all members and receive payments within the group in Messenger.
Here’s how you can use the Facebook Messenger group payments feature to request money within a group conversation:
- Open a group conversation within the Messenger app
- Tap the + (plus) icon in the lower-left corner to display additional options
- Select the $ (dollar) sign
- Now select the people you want to request money from
- Enter the amount you want to request, specify the purpose for which you’re requesting money, and then tap on the Request button
- Finally, tap again to confirm your action
After this, the request for money will be sent to the group. From there, people whom you’ve requested money can make payments individually. You can also check who has transferred the money and who hasn’t.
As of now, Facebook group payments feature is available for users in the U.S. It will be available for the desktop and the Android version of the Facebook Messenger app first. Facebook Messenger for iOS app will probably get the feature a few days later. It will be free to use and will only support Visa and Mastercard debit cards for now.
The feature is expected to be rolled out worldwide in the near future.
What do you think of the Facebook Messenger group payments feature? Please share your views in the comment section.