Instagram has released a new slideshow feature that lets you post multiple photos and videos in one carousel-style album. With the recent update, you can now share multiple photos in one Instagram post. This means you’ll no longer need to pick the one perfect shot to post it on the app. Instead, you can share up to 10 media files in a single post.
Until now, the Instagram community has been restricted to posting just one photo or video at a time. With this approach, you’d spend ages for choosing the perfect shot to sum up your day, party, dinner, marriage, or more. Delightedly, this time-consuming triviality is no longer necessary.
Here we’ll discuss only how to share multiple photos in one Instagram post. If you want to know all the ins and outs of the app, you can navigate to our post on 10 cool Instagram tips and tricks for power users.
Before we begin to tell you how to post multiple photos on Instagram, let’s share some valuable information about this new feature, which will make you well versed in the field of social media sharing.
Instagram multiple photos are actually known as carousels, however, these are just albums, albeit albums restricted to just 10 media files.
Read more at How to Post Instagram Photos on Facebook
These multiple photos in Instagram appear as a slideshow, so your friends and followers can swipe through if they wish to see them all. Only the first image will show on your profile grid. And in your friends’ feed, blue dots will appear on your post to indicate there are more photos to see.
That’s all you need to enrich your knowledge about Instagram’s multiple photos. Now, without further ado, let’s take a quick ride around our tutorial on how to share multiple photos in one Instagram post:
Share Multiple Photos in One Instagram Post
1. From the home screen, tap on the + (Plus) icon situated at the bottom
2. Tap on the Select Multiple button in the lower-right corner to share multiple photos in one Instagram post
3. Now, you can select up to 10 photos or videos that you want to add to your post. In order to change the order of your photos, tap and hold on the photo you want to move, and then drag it to the right place
4. Once you’re done, tap on the Next button in the upper-right corner. On the next screen, you can edit your photos if needed. Tap on the filter option to apply a special effect to every photo and video. If you’re a fan of Snapchat filters and want to add them in your stories, you can check out our tutorial on How to use Snapchat Filters in Instagram Stories
5. You can also edit an image individually and remove some images from your post before sharing the whole post
- Edit photos and videos individually – Just tap on a photo or video and choose a filter to apply to it. Other items in your post will not be affected
- Remove Individual Items – All you need to do is simply tap and hold an item and drag it to Trashcan icon at the top of the screen
6. Once you’re done editing, tap on the Next button once again and add a caption as well as location. It is worth notable that caption and location are added to the entire post. They can be edited only after the post goes live
7. You can tag your friends by tapping on Tag People option
8. Finally, tap on the Share button to share multiple photos in one post