The workplace chat phenomenon Slack gives its users the ability to react to any message with one of the available 722 emojis. However, if you’re a kind of person who doesn’t want to be a part of the crowd, then you can create your own reactions and add custom emojis to Slack. Don’t know how? Fret not as we’re here to provide you with the solution of your query.
In this article, we’ll teach you how to create and add custom images to Slack. Let’s dive in:
Add Custom Emojis to Slack
As long as you’re a team member, you can add custom emojis to Slack. On the other hand, team admins have the rights to limit who can or can’t add custom emoji reactions. So, if you encounter any issues in adding reactions, you need to contact your Slack team’s admin.
Here are the steps to add custom emojis to Slack:
1. Begin by heading over to Slackmojis where you can find free reactions created by other users
2. Right click on the emoji reaction you want to add and save it to your desktop
3. After saving your reaction, visit your Slack team in a web browser
4. Open the Team Menu by clicking on your team name
5. Select Customize Slack option. This will open your team site
6. Click on the Emoji tab and choose a name for your new custom emoji
7. Next, click on the Choose File button to select the file you’ve saved
8. Once you’ve done, click on the Save New Emoji button. A confirmation message will arise, and you can upload your next emoji if you want
You can even review or delete the uploaded slackemojis, or set an alias for an existing emoji from the Customize page.
So, this was all you need to know about how to add custom emojis to Slack. But if you want to create your own emoji reactions, the process will remain same except the images specifications. Let’s have a look:
Create Custom Emojis
It is worth notable that images should be of GIF, PNG, or JPG format, and up to 128 pixels in height and width. The maximum size of an image to use for creating Slackemojis should be 64KB.
Immediately after creating and adding custom emoji reactions to Slack, you can start using them. Of course, you can search for an emoji if you’re looking for a specific one. Alternatively, you can type the name into the text box, starting with a colon to find the needed emoji.