Windows OS makes it easier to connect to a Virtual Private Network (VPN) so that you can get a more secure connection to your company’s network and the Internet. Whether it’s for professional purpose or personal use, you can easily connect to a VPN in Windows 10 PC.
Before you connect to a VPN in Windows, you’ll need to set up a VPN connection. Scroll down to know how to set up VPN in Windows 10.
Windows 10 VPN Setup
1. Begin by heading over to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN. Click on the Add a VPN connection button to set up a new VPN connection
2. Enter the connection details for your VPN like connection name, VPN type, server name or address, etc.
3. After adding all the needed details, click on Save option. In case you need to edit the VPN connection info or some particular additional settings like proxy settings, navigate to VPN connection > Advanced options.
Read more at How to set up personal Windows VPN
Connect to a VPN in Windows 10
Once you’ve set a VPN profile, you’re ready to connect to a VPN in Windows 10. Just follow the steps below to easily get the job done.
1. Now, you’ll see the VPN you’ve set up in the network pop-up menu next to any nearby Wi-Fi networks
2. Click on the network name in the pop-up menu and your system will open the Settings > Network > VPN window for you. All you need to connect to a VPN in Windows 10 is select the VPN and click on the Connect button. You can also remove or configure VPN connections with ease
In order to quickly check and see if you’re connected to a VPN in Windows 10 while performing other tasks on your PC, click on the Network icon and see if your VPN connection says Connected.
You may also like: Quick roundup of 10 best VPN services for Windows 2017
Use a VPN Client
It is notable that some VPN providers offer their own desktop clients, which means you don’t need to go through the long process to enable VPN in Windows 10 as explained above. StrongVPN is one such VPN provider, which offers its own desktop app to connect to a VPN in Windows 10.
The app provides an unlimited access to an open and free Internet. Its military-grade security offers complete security and privacy, allowing you to navigate around censorship restrictions and unlock geoblocked content. Moreover, it prevents snoopers from stealing your confidential data via public Wi-Fi. It is the easiest method to connect to a VPN in Windows 10 if you don’t want to go through a time-consuming set-up process.