Windows 10 comes packed with an integrated digital assistant called Cortana. Using the utility, you can easily perform all types of tasks like searching for queries, executing commands, and sorting files and folders. From setting up basic reminders to scheduling appointments, Cortana plays a significant role as your personal secretary.
The most promising feature of Cortana lies in its ability to integrate with Microsoft Edge, using which you can easily search for queries online without having to leave the current web page. In this post, we’ll guide you on how to use Cortana in Microsoft Edge. Let’s begin:
Read More about Windows 10: How to disable Fast Startup mode in Windows 10
Step-by-step guide to use Cortana in Microsoft Edge
Step 1. Activate Cortana in Windows
First of all, you’ll need to activate Cortana in Windows 10 operating system. For this, you’ll need to follow a series of simple steps mentioned below:
- Just click on the Windows Search box located in the lower-right corner of the home screen
- Click on the Cortana icon (little white circle in the lower-left corner) when the search pop-out window appear
- Now you’ll be navigated through the initial activation process. You’ll also need to decide the details you want to share with the app
- In the final step, click on the Use Cortana button to proceed further. You can also cancel the process by clicking on No thanks
Step 2. Use Voice Recognition
Even if you use Cortana by typing in the search box, you can improve the functionality of the app by using the voice recognition feature.
Here’s how to use the voice recognition feature in Cortana:
- Just click on the microphone icon located on the right-hand side of the search box. The text on the search box will change to Listening
- Now, you can speak whatever you want to ask from Cortana. You can search for various commands, queries, and much more
Step 3. Enable Cortana to work in Microsoft Edge Browser
Here’s how to enable Cortana to work in Microsoft Edge:
- First of all, click on the More Actions button located in the upper right-hand corner of Microsoft Edge. A drop-down will appear in front of you
- From here, select Settings. This will navigate you to the “Settings interface” of Microsoft Edge
- Scroll down and click on the View advanced settings button
- After this, locate the Privacy and services section that contains an option labeled “Have Cortana Assist me in Microsoft Edge”. Just click on the option to toggle it ON
This will enable Cortana on Microsoft Edge. After this, you can easily use the app with Microsoft Edge.
Important Note: It’s always not necessary to toggle ON the feature. Sometimes, it’s active by default.
Our complete guide on how to use Cortana in Microsoft Edge ends here. Stay tuned for more updates!