Have you seen the new Snapchat face swap feature, but can’t figure out how to use photos for face swapping? Here, we’ve got a simple tutorial on how to face swap in Snapchat and share it with your friends on social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, or elsewhere.
Face swap has made its way into Snapchat in the form of a new lens. With such lenses, you can swap your face with your friend to make some truly bizarre snaps. You can also use the feature to scan pictures that are saved on your device to find other faces you can swap with.
Basically, Snapchat’s Face Swap Filter is a two-person lens and perhaps the most admired lens Snapchat has ever released. It has gained massive popularity and maybe it is a reason why everyone wants to know how to face swap in Snapchat.
Before going ahead, update your Snapchat app for Android and iOS to the latest version and just follow the below given easy tutorial to use face swap in Snapchat, and you’ll be swapping faces on your device in no time. Let’s start:
Face swap in Snapchat
There are two ways to face swap in Snapchat:
- Face swap with your friends
- Face swap with picture in your camera roll
1. Face swap with your friends
1. Firstly, launch the Snapchat app on your device and change the camera mode to take a selfie
2. Tap on your face and hold for a second until you see a white grid on your face
3. You’ll see a list of lens options at the bottom of the screen. Scroll to the left to find the face swap option. It is a yellow icon with two smiley faces inside. Once it enabled, you’ll see two face icons on screen with an arrow
4. Now, find a friend or family member that you want to swap your face with and align both of faces with the icons on screen until they are both yellow
You can save it to your phone’s gallery by tapping on a downward arrow in the bottom-left corner.
2. Face swap with picture in your camera roll
1. Open the Snapchat app on your device and switch the camera mode to take a selfie
2. Scroll down to the purple face swap icon. Tap and hold on your face to bring up the lens options. A pop-up will arise, asking you if the app can access your camera roll. Tap on the Allow button to successfully perform face swap in Snapchat
3. All you need to do is just select a face with which you want to swap your face and see the magical results
So, now you know how to face swap in Snapchat. It’s quite horrifying and bizarre, but completely mesmerizing, and it’ll have you laughing uncontrollably.
Read more about Snapchat at Snapchat Spectacles: fun that’s worth waiting