Whenever a new version of Android comes, it doesn’t usually roll out for everyone at the same time. Instead, the software update comes over time to all the Android users. However, you can easily check system updates in Android if it’s available for your device instead of waiting for the notification to come.
Android operating system keeps an eye on Google’s update servers for each smartphone. When an update is released, you receive a notification within a few days that the new version is available to download. This notification looks similar to other notifications on your phone.
However, you won’t necessarily be able to see this notification, even though the update had been rolled out to your device. To manually check system updates in Android, read our handy article that will guide you through the whole process.
Check system updates in Android
1. Begin by heading over to the Settings menu on your Android phone. To jump into the settings menu, pull down the notification shade and hit the cog icon.
2. Once you’re in the settings menu, scroll down until you find About Phone option. Simply tap on it to update Android OS.
3. Hit the first option that appears on the screen, i.e. System updates to manually check system updates on your Android phone.
4. Here, you will be notified that your system is up to date. Also, it will show you when your device last checked for an update. Depending on your Android device, this screen may look different, however, the process to manually check Android updates will remain the same. On this screen, there’s a button that reads Check for update. Just tap on it to move a step further towards updating your Android phone.
5. The device will take a couple of seconds to hit the servers to know whether there’s an update available for your Android device or not.
6. If an Android update is available, your device will prompt you to Download and install it. Go ahead and roll with it to move your hands to the latest version.
In case there’s no update available, you’ll be taken back to the first screen, which showed your Android phone as up-to-date.
Also Read: When will you get Android Nougat update