Let’s talk about a scenario you may have experienced: you’re at your dream place and you want to invite a bunch of your buddies there. However, describing directions on phone is like teaching a cat to bark. There’s a simple solution to this problem: sharing your location with your friends. You’re probably wondering how to do it. Well, we’ll tell you how to share your location with others on Android.
You can share your location on Android with your preferred messaging apps. Let’s take a quick glance at the steps to share location on Android:
6 best ways to share your location with others on Android
How to share your location with WhatsApp Messenger
Twinkling like a shining star in the sky of messaging giants, WhatsApp gives you the ability to send messages, make audio and video calls, share media files, etc. Apart from this, the messaging app lets you send a map view of your current location to others as easily as a cake walk. Follow the steps below to share your location with others on Android using WhatsApp messenger:
- Head to the WhatsApp conversation to which you want to share your location on Android
- Navigate to attach (paperclip) button > location. WhatsApp will automatically find out your exact location
- Now, tap on the ”send your current location” option and wait for the address to be entered into the selected conversation
How to share your location with Facebook Messenger
Are you looking for an easy way to tell your Facebook pals about your exact whereabouts? If yes, then scroll down to know how to share your location with others on Android with Facebook Messenger.
- At the right side of the message box in Facebook Messenger, you will find a GPS location symbol. Merely, tap on it to send location on Android
- Facebook will prompt you to enable location for Messenger. Tap on “turn on” option
- Now your exact location will automatically be tagged with your sent messages
- The recipient has to tap the message to view from where it was sent, or optionally he/she can select “view map” option for more detailed view
How to share your location with Google Hangouts
Sharing location on Android with Google Hangouts is quite similar to that of WhatsApp.
- Go to the Hangouts conversation to which you are willing to share your location on Android
- Tap on the attach button and select location from the pop-up menu. Hangouts will find out the address where you are
- Next, hit the arrow or send button to share your location with others on Android
How to share your location with SMS
You can share your location with others on Android using its custom messaging service as well.
- To get started, head to the desired conversation to send your current location
- Tap on the “paper clip” icon and hit location from the drop-down menu
- Then, tap on the GPS button to automatically locate where you are, or you can manually search for a location to send
- Hit send button and it will send a Google Maps ID for your location to the selected recipient
How to share your location with Google Maps
Using Google Maps to share your location with others on Android is at the peak of this particular pyramid as you can choose any of the messaging apps to deliver your current location directly from it.
- Open Google Maps on your Android device and find a location as per your preference
- Now, simply press and hold the area of Google Map which you want to share. You will see a red pin icon is dropped onto the map along with an address below
- Tap on the shown address and two options will become available: Save and Share.
- Hit the share button to send your Google Maps location on Android
- A pop-up menu will prompt suggesting you a number of ways to share location, simply choose the app you desire to use and then the recipient to send. Easy isn’t it?
How to share your location with Snapchat
Snapchat has rolled out a new feature dubbed ‘Geofilters’. This is a truly marvelous option that allows you to share your location with others on Android with no need to explicitly saying about your whereabouts.
This location-specific feature can be used by swiping right on the screen of selected image, which prompts particular location stickers or just adds the city name to your photo. Although this option doesn’t rely on tracking technology and satellites, sharing location with Snapchat can be exceptionally accurate. Take a picture of your room, gallery, or whatever identifier you want to send as a clue for your location, and send it using Snapchat.
You may also like: How to use a Bluetooth keyboard with Android device