All thanks to its audible alerts and vibrations, Apple Watch never lets you miss even a single notification coming from the apps. However, after some time, things become irritating as you find your watch being flooded with constant notifications from apps which are not that much important to you. At that time, you just look for a suitable way to disable app notifications on Apple Watch and lead a peaceful life.
That’s why we’ve come up with this post where we’ll guide you on how to disable annoying alerts on Apple Watch. Start reading the post to know more.
Advantages of disabling Notifications on Apple Watch
There are several advantages of turning OFF app notifications and alerts on Apple Watch. Let’s have a look:
- The battery life of your Apple Watch will be increased
- You can easily perform daily tasks without being interrupted by annoying app alerts
Step-by-step guide to disable app notifications on Apple Watch
Disabling notifications for Stock Apps
You can mute app notifications from the companion Apple Watch app on your iPhone. For this, you just need to follow a series of some simple steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Select Notifications
- Now, choose the stock app for which you want to disable notifications
- Checkmark Custom option
This will display a list of options under Alerts menu like Show Alerts, Sound, and Haptic. You can disable the ones you don’t need.
Disabling notifications for third-party apps
Here’s how to turn OFF notifications for third-party apps:
- First of all, go to the Notification menu in the Apple Watch app again
- Now scroll down until you locate third-party apps like Facebook, ESPN, and Instagram
- Toggle OFF the apps from which you don’t want to receive any notifications
Using Do not Disturb and Muting Sounds
Apart from the above-mentioned methods, you can also disable app notifications for your smartwatch by putting it in Do not Disturb mode. For this:
- Go to Settings of your Apple Watch
- Scroll down until you find Do not Disturb mode
- Turn OFF the button in front of it
After this, you’ll no longer hear anything on the gadget. However, don’t forget to disable the Mirror iPhone option under Do Not Disturb, so that you keep receiving alerts on your iPhone.
Otherwise, you can simply mute Ringer and Alert Sound. This way you’ll still keep receiving haptic feedback. To do so:
- Open Settings of your Apple Watch
- Scroll down to find Ringer and Alert Sounds option
- Enable the Mute button below it
Read More: How to unlock your Mac with Apple Watch