Just imagine a situation. You come home after a tiresome day at office and switch ON your TV. It’s playing some news channel you don’t like. So, you look for the remote but can’t find it anywhere. At that moment you really wish that your iPhone were your remote and you could control the TV directly from it. Well, your wish has come true. There is a way you can use iPhone as Samsung Smart TV remote. You just need to follow some steps mentioned below. Let’s get started:
Use iPhone as Samsung Smart TV remote in simple steps
Step 1. Install JustABlip on your iPhone
To use your iPhone as Samsung Smart TV remote, you’ll need an app called JustABlip. So first of all, go to the iOS App Store and install it on your phone
Step 2. Connect your devices
Once you’ve installed JustABlip on your iPhone, it’s time to connect your devices with it. For this:
- Open the app
- Tap Find TV option at the bottom.
- It will automatically scan all compatible TVs connected to the Wi-Fi network
- Once you’ve found the TV you want your iPhone to connect with, tap on the Connect option
- Now a pop-up will appear on your TV screen asking you to grant permission to the app to control your device. Just select Allow option
Congratulations! You’ve successfully connected your Smart TV to the app.
Important points to remember
- Your iPhone and Samsung Smart TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. In case your TV is not connected to Wi-Fi, you can go to Menu > Network > Network Settings on your TV and connect it manually
- Your TV must be turned ON during the process
Step 3. Add Widget
Now the next thing you’ll need to do is to create a notification center widget so that you can change channels, adjust volume or customize other TV settings directly from the notification center on your iPhone. For this:
- Go to the Notification Center
- Select Today and tap Edit option near the bottom of the screen
- On the next screen, select the Green + icon next to JustABlip to add the widget to the Notification center
You can adjust the position of the widget using three horizontal lines to the widget before tapping Done to finalize it.
Step 4. Directly control the TV from your phone
After you’ve connected your Samsung Smart TV to the app and created a notification center widget, you can control it directly from your iPhone. Now, there is no need to worry about looking for the TV remote every now and then or changing its batteries.
That’s all we’ve in our complete guide to use iPhone as Samsung Smart TV Remote. Stay tuned for more updates!