Very few people know that there is a hidden menu in Android that lets you tweak advanced settings on your phone. Using the so-called Developer Options menu, you can customize your phone’s settings the way you want to enhance its capabilities and become a power user.
In this post, we’ll discuss the best developer options for Android so that you can get more familiar with the hidden option. Let’s get started:
Best developer options for Android
1. Stay awake: The display will stay on during charging
Are you expecting something important on your phone while it is charging? In such case enabling the Stay awake option in the developer options may prove helpful. It will turn the display ON whenever your phone is charging and this way you never skip any important notification.
Here’s how you can enable the Stay Awake option:
- Go to Settings menu
- Scroll down and tap on the Developer options
- Scroll down to find the Stay awake option and turn on the button next to it
2. Limit background applications to enhance performance
Background applications hinder your smartphone’s performance. So, it’s always recommended to turn off the apps running in the background.
Limit background applications option lets you select how many apps you want to run in the background. The maximum limit is four. However, you can also choose to have zero background apps if you want.
To enable limit background applications option:
- Go to Settings > Developer options
- Scroll down and enable Limit background applications option
3. Force MSAA 4X for better gaming graphics
Playing HD games on Android is something every handheld gamer craves for. No doubt Xbox, PS, and PC have their own significance in gaming. Still, nothing can beat the experience of playing a high-octane game on your mobile. It’s just amazing.
However, poor graphics can turn into a spoiler. But not anymore! You can enable 4x MSAA option to improve the graphics quality in games and OpenGL ES 2.0 apps. This way you can enjoy hi-quality games without any issue.
Here’s how to enable Force MSAA 4x option:
- Navigate to the Settings menu
- Scroll down and tap Developer Options
- Turn Force 4x MSAA option ON
Enabling the option can consume a lot of battery as it requires more processing power.
4. Adjust the speed of the system animations
Is your phone performing slower? Do you want it to work faster? If yes, there is a way you can do so. No, the trick doesn’t speed up your device. Instead, it tricks your mind to think that your smartphone has become faster.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Settings > Developer options
- Scroll down and disable all device animations
This will disable all transition effects like (swiping between home screens) and your smartphone will seem quicker and smoother.
5. Aggressive data handover for faster Internet
You must be aware while enabling this option, especially if you have a less amount of data because it results in large data consumption which can cost you a heavy phone bill.
However, if you never run out of mobile data then just enable this option and see the magic.
After enabling the settings, you’ll notice that your smartphone jumps to the mobile data faster when you reach out of a Wi-Fi network. You can also make the effect more impressive by enabling mobile data always active option.
To enable aggressive data handover:
- Launch the settings menu
- Go to the Developer options
- Enable aggressive data handover option
That’s all we’ve in the list of the best developer options for Android. Stay tuned for more updates!