When we go back to the time and look a few years back, we recall that the smartphones used to have very less space. A few pictures, media files and videos and your phone’s memory would turn full. You had to sacrifice your favorite photos and videos to make space for new ones.
Even if the companies introduced SD cards with a large storage space but there was always a chance that they will be full too. At such instant, Google came up with a reliable solution called Google Photos, which eliminated the need of cleaning up storage space again and again. The app lets you effectively back up and synchronize your media on the cloud so that you can view them online later. With the Android version, you can apply some handy Google Photos tips for Android, and enjoy a safer experience with your media.
Still, many people are not fully aware of what this wonderful app can do. That’s why here we’ve come up with this list of best Google Photos tips for Android so that you can get more familiar with the app. Let’s get started:
Best Google Photos tips for Android
Use Photo Sphere to capture 3600 panoramas
Google Photos have an interesting feature that can capture 3600 panoramas. This amazing feature will bring your memories back to life.
Here’s how to use Photo Sphere to capture 3600 panoramas:
- Open the Play Store app from your home screen
- Tap the menu bar in the top left corner and then My apps
- Install the Google Camera app and launch it
- Swipe to the right to open the menu and tap Photo Sphere
- Keep the dot inside the circle by pausing at each interval
The image will be automatically saved to Photos, where you can view it.
Give new touch to your memories with animation photo effects
You can also choose to shine your old photos or give them new touch with animation effects. This way your memories will always remain fresh and dynamic.
To give new touch to your memories with animation photos with animation photo effects:
- Open Google Photos app
- Select the menu bar in the top left corner and then Assistant
- Click the + sign in the top right corner and then Animation
- Select the images you want to animate (you can select between 2 to 50 images)
- Click Create in the top right corner
- Once ready, the animation will auto-play on screen and will also be saved in Photos
To ensure that all the features are working properly, we recommend you to update Google Photos app to the latest version.
Quickly find your photos
Well, if you don’t want to waste your time scrolling through each and every photo, you can choose to search photos by place, name or object to quickly find them. Here’s how to do so:
- Launch Google Photos
- Click the blue search button on the bottom right
- Tap the search field at the top to enter a search term. It can be anything, a name, a place or any object
This will display the list of related photos. You can easily view them without wasting your time.
Ensure that you never lose any photo, even if you lose your phone
Auto Backup is an ultimate feature of Google Photos which ensures that all your photos and videos and perfectly synchronized to the cloud and you never lose any of them.
To turn on Auto Backup, you just need to follow some simple steps mentioned below:
- Open Google Photos app
- Go to the in-app settings menu by selecting the menu bar in the top left
- Tap Backup & sync option
- Toggle the feature on
This will automatically backup all your captured photos to the cloud, which you can access later.
If you log into Google Photos for the first time, you are guided to backup & sync option through on-screen instructions. You just need to follow them to activate the feature.
Remove photos that have already been backed up
Google Photos lets you capture photos without having to worry about storage space. Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the camera app
- Snap photos until you find your perfect click
- Once done, go to Google Photos
- Click the four lines in the top left corner and select settings
- Click Free up device storage option
This will remove already backed up photos from your phone’s memory (Don’t worry; you can access them later via Google Photos).
That’s all! The list of best Google Photos tips for Android ends here. You can follow each above-mentioned Google Photos tips for Android to get more familiar with the app. Enjoy!
Read More: Best Thanksgiving apps for Android and iOS