Are you one of those people who want to play HD games on their Android phone but can’t do so because your smartphone’s RAM is not spacious enough to support it? Well, if you’re!, then there’s no need to worry. You can easily increase RAM of your Android phone and here with this complete guide, we’ll help you get along with the process. Let’s get started:
Complete guide to increase RAM of your Android phone
Before you proceed further, you first need to learn about few basic things. Let’s discuss them one by one:
What is RAM?
The term RAM stands for Random Access Memory. It is the primary memory of your device responsible for various tasks like running games, applications, and processes on it.
Why do we need more RAM?
Without RAM, you can’t run anything on your device. Not even a single app or a basic process. RAM is responsible for handling all the processes running on your device. That’s the reason when we run HD games or heavy applications on any device having less RAM, it abruptly hangs or stops working (try playing real racing 3 on a phone having 1 GB RAM and you’ll know it yourself).
Can we increase your Smartphone’s RAM?
Yes! It’s possible to increase your smartphone’s RAM and play heavier games, use big size apps, and open multiple apps at the same time on a smaller phone. For this you’ve to follow a series of steps mentioned within this tutorial.
Before we proceed further let’s have a look at what we’ll require for the process:
- Rooted Smartphone
- SD Card reader
- Window PC
- Android 4.0 and higher
- Higher SD card
How to increase RAM of your Android phone?
To increase RAM of your Android phone:
Step 1. First of all, you’ll need to check whether your device supports swapping or not. Well, if it does proceed further
Step 2. Now create partitions in your SD card. Here’s how to do it:
- Download Mini tool Partition wizard and install
- Connect your SD card to PC via SD card reader
- Open the tool and format your SD card
- Right click on the SD card and select the partition as primary and file system as FAT32 for card more than 4GB to create partition
- Click Done
- Again click on the partition option and select primary partition and file system to EXT2, EXT3, EXT4
- Click on apply changes
You’ve successfully created partition.
Step 3. Connect with your Rooted Android Smartphone. For this:
- Download Link2SD app from Google Play Store
- Connect your SD card with your rooted phone
- Open the Link2SD app and give root permission, Choose the.ext partition
- Start linking your SD card
Step 4. Finally! It’s time to increase your smartphone’s RAM. Here’s how to do it:
- Download Swapper for Root in your Android phone
- Open the app and select the amount of RAM you want to increase
- This will create and .swp file. Save it at the appropriate location
Congratulations! You have successfully increase RAM of your Android phone.
For non rooted smartphones
For non rooted devices, there is no direct way to increase RAM of your Android phone. However, you can go for third-party applications like Smart RAM Booster or Clean Master: Speed Booster to clean and optimize your RAM.
So, you’ve successfully come across on how to increase RAM of your Android phone. Now, it’s time to grab a rooted Android device, apply aforementioned and enjoy heavy games and applications on your device. Enjoy!