No matter if you are a regular Windows user or someone professional, video editing software is something you must have on your PC. Who knows, when you’ll come across a video file that isn’t supported on your PC or you don’t have a media player that can play a particular media file. The right choice of video editors for Windows can always save you from such complicated situations and ease your task.
However, finding the best video editor for your PC isn’t so easy. Different people will recommend different software. Also, every tool is designed for a particular task. So, finding and downloading a video editor that fulfills your needs requires a lot of research and patience. But you don’t need to worry. Here, we’ve come with the list of the best video editors for Windows. Let’s have a look:
Best video editors for Windows
Here are the best video editors for Windows:
Windows Movie Maker is popular video editing software that comes by default in Windows. The utility lets you create movies using photos and videos present in your PC by editing them and giving them live impact.
The video editor offers you plenty of editing tools and customization options. You can also do advanced video editing tasks like trimming, splitting, fastening up and slowing down your videos if you need to. Apart from this, you can share the edited videos with your buddies online.
Supported platforms: Windows 7 and higher (Comes by default with the OS)
- Support for adding and editing of an audio within a movie
- Lets you adjust size for different platforms like mobile, PC and TV screen
- Import photos and videos from other devices (Camera, CD, DVD, mobile etc.) to create movies
- Offers many editing options and customized themes
- You can share movies online
Any Video Converter is a powerful video editor that lets you easily convert videos into various file formats. The application offers a plenty of options to choose from and supports many devices.
You can download your videos from YouTube, Facebook or other websites with just a few clicks. There is also an option to burn videos on blank DVDs, so that you can enjoy them on your personnel video player.
Apart from this, the multimedia tools also lets you crop, rotate, trim, or join your videos into one. You can also insert watermarks, special effects to audio tracks!
Supported Platforms: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
- Support to MP4, 3GP, MKV, MOD, OGG, WEBM, MPEG, WMV, AVI, MOV, FLV and many other file formats for video input
- Supports WMV, MPG, MP4, FLV, HTML5 MP4, WEBM, HTML 5 and many other file formats for video output
- Rip and extract audio tracks from videos and CDs
- You can burn videos to DVD or AVCHD DVD file formats
- Lets you import AVI, Xvid and DivX videos
- You can also make animated GIFs from videos
3. Virtual Dub
Notable as one of the most efficient editors and convertors of all time, VirtualDub is a strong contender in the list. The utility lets you batch process your AVI files. You can also apply filters to your videos and tune your codecs to get high quality results. Also, plenty of customization options are present within the tool.
No doubt the VirtualDub isn’t much feature rich as compared to its rivals. Still, it manages to do its task quite effectively.
Supported Platforms: Windows XP and higher
- Automate and queue your jobs
- Free frame rate definition
- Recompress and decompress audio/video files
- Bicubic and bilinear sampling
- Plenty of customization options
Free Video Cutter is an amazing video conversion tool, which is designed for splitting large video files into smaller size. Apart from this, you can import, export, and convert your videos files into different file formats.
Well, if you are looking for a simple yet effective tool to remove unwanted commercials or ads from your video, Free Video Cutter is the best bet for you.
Supported Platforms: Windows XP and higher
- Supports a wide range of video formats
- You can rip audio file from any video and create your own sound records
- Drag and drop support
Regarded as one of the best multimedia conversion tools of all time, Format factory is the last software in the list. Using the program, you can easily convert your media files to the desired format, ensuring that they are compatible on all devices and platforms i.e PC, Mobile, TV etc. Plenty of video editing options are also present within the app.
- Offers support to multiple file formats
- Lets you create ISO files
- Batch files support
- Easily convert one file to other
- Offers support to over 62 languages
- You can also join various files to create one single file
Well, if you are looking for suitable video editors for Windows, you can go for any of the above mentioned video editing software or you can check out more awesome image and video editors here. All the tools are efficient; they will do your task quite effectively.
Our list of best video editors for Windows ends here. We’ll come back with more such lists in our next post. Till then, stay tuned for more updates!