Accidentally deleted some really important files in OS X? Now you must be worried about how to recover them back. But you don’t have to, because you’ve arrived at the right post. Here we’ve come up with this amazing help tutorial that will guide you on how to restore deleted files in OS X. Let’s get started:
How to restore deleted files in OS X?
Apple doesn’t have an undelete tool as such. However, there are many ways you can recover a deleted file, before it is gone for good. Let’s have a look:
- If the very first thing you did in the finder was to delete a file, you can recover it back by selecting Edit > Undo Move (Cmd+Z). The items will return back to their previous positions
- If the deleted files are still in the trash, you can click the Trash icon in the Dock to drag them back from there
- In case you’ve Time Machine installed, the files may have been backed up between your last edit and deleting them. Launch Time Machine! And use Spotlight field to locate and restore your deleted items
- If you’re a Dropbox user and have uploaded your files on the file hosting service. You can easily recover your deleted files. Just navigate to the Dropbox official website, search for the deleted files and then select and restore them. They will return back to the same folder position
- If you use an internet-hosted backup system, like Crashplan or Backblaze. You can easily restore your deleted files from its online archive.
Nothing Worked? Use third-party applications
Now imagine a situation! You’ve tried all of the above methods but none of them worked. Still you don’t need to worry. You can use third party applications to recover your files back. The only thing you’ll need to do is to stop using your PC for a while, until you get an appropriate tool to recover them back. When you delete files, they aren’t erased from permanent storage, but rather an index that points to the files is removed. So if you keep working on the computer, your old data will be overwritten by new files thus making it impossible for you to recover them back again!
There are plenty of data recovery tools available in the market such as Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery, EaseUS Data recovery, MiniTool Data Recovery and Data Rescue. You can choose the one you find suitable and that meets your needs. Even if these programs are a bit costly, still they guarantee best results!
So you’ve successfully come across all methods to restore deleted files in OS X. Now it’s time for some practical. So grab a Mac running OS X! Apply above methods to recover your deleted files! And restore your files back to their previous position. Enjoy!