Are pop-up ads ruining your web browsing experience on Android? Not anymore as this how-to article will walk you through several solutions to block ads on Android. Just stay on this post and continue reading to nip unnecessary ads in the bud.
Whether it’s a conventional advert or a pop-up one, it’s not only intrusive on your mobile but it can cause a severe damage to your phone bill if you’re on a limited data plan. Having a popup fly on your device can make the loading of heavy web pages to take a lot of mobile data. Well, you can cut the wings of this fly by following our guide to block ads on Android. Let us explain you in details.
Block Ads on Android
Using Chrome’s Built-in Options
- Launch the Chrome web browser on your device
- Tap the three-dot Menu button in the top-right corner of the screen
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu
- Next, navigate to Site Settings
- Tap on the Popups option and make sure that the slider is set to Block sites from showing popups
Read more at How to View Saved WiFi Passwords on Android
Using the Data Saver Mode
Another step you can take to block ads on Android is to enable Chrome’s Data Saver mode. It compresses web pages, offering a smoother web browsing experience and saving on your data bill. To enable the Data Saver Mode, all you need to do is navigate to the Menu > Settings > Data Saver section and make sure that this is set to ON.
Opt for the Third-party Browser
Found the above methods a little trickier? Well, we’ve also a simpler way for you. Using a third-party browser will help you block ads on Android. Contrasting to Chrome for desktop, the mobile version of Chrome for Android has not the ability to work with extensions or plugins.
One such offering is Ghostery that is a well-liked blocker and privacy-orientated extension. For Android, it comes in the form of a full-blown web browser letting you view the types of trackers that are on websites. Here’s how to get rid of pop-up ads on Android using Ghostery:
- Launch the Ghostery browser on your phone and tap on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner
- Head over to the Settings section and slide the toggle switch that reads Block Popups towards the right side
- If you want to block almost everything on your device, go to Ghostery > Tracker Blocking Options and then choose the Block Everything option
And there you’re! Now, no pesky ads are able to wreck your web browsing experience on your Android device. What are your methods to block ads on Android, SoftwareVilla readers? Let us know in the comments section below – we’d love to discover a few more ways to get rid of annoying Android ads.
You may also like: How to Get Paid Android Apps for Free