Samsung’s Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus users can finally set up Daydream VR! Yes, you’ve read that right! Google has now officially rolled out Daydream VR support for the Galaxy S8 series. However, the company says it may take some time before Daydream reaches to all its users, so hold on tight.
Earlier this year, Samsung has promised that the support for Google’s mobile virtual reality platform would come to its flagship. Now, the Galaxy S8 units across all carriers will be updated to work with Daydream View headsets and Google’s motion-sensing Daydream Controller.
In this article, we’ll provide you a step-by-step tutorial on how to set up Daydream VR on the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
Don’t miss out: 10 Useful Google Apps You Should Try Right Now
Set up Daydream VR on the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
To set up Daydream VR on the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, follow the steps listed below:
- Head over to the Google Play Store and install the Daydream app on your phone
- Once you’ve installed the app, launch it and sign in with your Google account
- If you have a Daydream headset, tap on I have a headset. In case you don’t have it, simply tap on Get One to see a list of all compatible devices available for purchase
- Now, tap on the Next button on each subsequent instructions screen and optionally sign up for Google’s Daydream newsletter by toggling the Email newsletter button
- After this, tap on the Create PIN button and enter a password to confirm purchases in VR
- You’ll be prompted to install the Daydream Keyboard. Just tap on OK on the popup that appears, which will take you to the app’s Play Store page. After this, tap on Install and hit the Back button once it is completed
- You’ll now need to update the Google VR Settings of your device
- A pop up will arise. You’ll need to tap on OK and then tap on each item in the Google VR checklist that has a circle-shaped exclamation icon next to it
- Enable each setting until every item is grayed out and checked off, and then hit the Back button
That’s it! This way you can easily set up Daydream VR on the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
You’re now ready to use Daydream on the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Just pop your phone into a Daydream compatible headset and make sure the controller is fully charged. Next time, if you want to launch Daydream, just tap on the circle-shaped headset button in the bottom-right corner of the app and slot the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus into the headset. Daydream takes you on incredible adventures in virtual reality. So, get ready to immerse yourself in new experiences!
Check out the video below to know more about Daydream VR support.
You May Also Like: How to Set Up Daydream Screensaver on Android