Twitter is one of the most popular social media platforms that allows millions of its users to post Tweets all over the globe. While opening the app, you’ll get a lot of distracting Twitter ads and other promoted content posts. And it’s quite annoying to deal with advertisements every time when using the app. However, you can stop this by tweaking a couple of settings in Twitter. You’ll have to look out for the ‘promoted’ tag while you scroll up and down your timeline. But, it takes a lot of time. Thanks to developer Wanam, who has created a Xposed module that will completely block Twitter ads and remove annoying promoted content from its official app.
There’s no one who likes ads, especially if you have a small data plan on your device. All these illusory ads are spread into your feed that try to gain your attention with clickbaity highlights along with disturbing images. It makes your timeline less suave and causes an unnecessary diversion. In this article, we’ll tell you how to block Twitter ads and other annoying promoted content with ease. Let’s take a quick look how it works.
Before we get started with the process how to block Twitter ads and other distracting content, check out the requirements which you need to get rid of the unwanted content.
- Xposed Framework installed
- Rooted Android device
- Unknown sources enabled
Block Twitter Ads and Other Annoying Promoted Content
Step-1: Download and Install
- Open your Xposed Installer app and head over to the Download section in the side navigation bar
- Next, tap on the search button and type Twitter
- After this, select the Twitter Adfree from the search results
- Download the latest version of the app from the Versions tab
- Tap on Install when prompted
Once you’re done, make sure to activate the module and reboot to clean up your Twitter timeline.
Step-2: Enjoy an Ad-Free Twitter Experience
- First of all, reboot your smartphone and wait for a while
- As soon as rebooting is done, open the Twitter app
- You’ll find that Twitter ads and other disturbing content has removed
This way you can block Twitter ads and other annoying promoted content from your timeline. You can now get news and updates of the latest celebrity performance without seeing any advertisement for brands, businesses, or mobile games that you don’t want to play.
You Can Also Read You Can Now Use Twitter DM Filter to Keep Strangers Out of Your DMs