For many users, Skype is an all-in-one solution to get in touch with friends, family or business peers. It not only allows users to make free audio and video calls, but also helps in sharing files and important documents. The IM service also comes packed with an amazing feature called Record a Skype Call. This feature can be useful in different ways for different users. For those who want to know the steps of the process, here’s how to do it.
Record a Skype Call on your Windows PC
Before walking through the steps of recording a Skype call, let’s know the requirements for the same.
- To record a Skype call, first of all you need a Windows PC.
- For laptop users, make sure your laptop is plugged in or has sufficient amount of battery charge, else this process can impact your laptop’s battery.
- A good quality microphone(optional).
- Good storage space on your Windows machine. To record a Skype call, there must be sufficient space. In general, a ten-minute call may take up to 5MB of storage.
- Good Internet connection. This is a must need for clear and hassle-free calls.
- Last but not the least, the latest version of Skype.
Now, let’s get started and know how to record a Skype call. In this tutorial, we will be listing two efficient apps that can help you done all the Skype calls recording work like a breeze. First that grabs a position on our list is:
Free Video Call Recorder for Skype: From the publisher DVDvideosoft, Free Video Call Recorder for Skype is a simple yet efficient tool that can record a Skype audio/video without any difficulty. As its name implies, it does not charge even a single penny. The application is suitable for both personal as well as commercial use.
Next that hold a position on our list is MP3 Skype Recorder. This is one of my favorite Skype call recorders among rest. The utility saves all the recorded calls in MP3 format. It also seeks the attention of many users with its auto-start and auto-stop feature.
Though for the personal use, it’s completely free, in case you want to use it for commercial use then you must spend some money from your wallet. Relative to other similar apps, the pro version of the app costs less.
Read more at How to Share Screen on Skype for Windows
With these two utilities, you can do the recording work of your Skype calls. However, which one suits you best is totally a matter of choice. All-in-all both the utilities work in the same way. Just choose the recording format for your Skype calls, then select the output folder and lastly hit on Record when you want to record a Skype call on Windows. Once done, you will be having both audio and video version of the call you received through Skype. Happy Calling!